Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very Upsetting

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 09:12 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Very Upsetting

Here is how a few have solved the problem.
https://www.hdforums.com/m_1991601/tm.htm

Old 08-03-2007, 11:30 AM
NorCalDyna
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder whether a lot of us just never considered it a "problem". My 05 has noticeable vibrations at different revs and defintely transmits more vibes through the bars, pegs and seat during decel.It is pretty smooth most of the time and my mirrors are essentially clear at freeway speed (stillfeel the engine, though). Frankly, I have always just figured that was the way it was and never thought anything about it. Personally, this is one of the things I enjoy about this bike vs. others I've owned and ridden - the engine is a very present part of the experience and has a character all it's own.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:44 AM
darkdyna06
Tourer

Have the dealer check the steering head bearings. mine came loose at 3500 miles, and the bike chattered through the handlbars, and foot pegs especialy when I came to a stop.
They said this is common, and part of their 5000 mile service

Old 08-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Punty
Road Warrior

Somebody Please, HELP! I cant hold on much longer.[sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

Old 08-03-2007, 02:38 PM
glide05
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: NorCalDyna

I wonder whether a lot of us just never considered it a "problem". My 05 has noticeable vibrations at different revs and defintely transmits more vibes through the bars, pegs and seat during decel.It is pretty smooth most of the time and my mirrors are essentially clear at freeway speed (stillfeel the engine, though). Frankly, I have always just figured that was the way it was and never thought anything about it. Personally, this is one of the things I enjoy about this bike vs. others I've owned and ridden - the engine is a very present part of the experience and has a character all it's own.
This is the most succinct post I've read all week ....
Thanks for putting it so perfectly ......

Have a good weekend everyone - and ride safe

Old 08-03-2007, 02:57 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior

wonder whether a lot of us just never considered it a "problem". My 05 has noticeable vibrations at different revs and defintely transmits more vibes through the bars, pegs and seat during decel.It is pretty smooth most of the time and my mirrors are essentially clear at freeway speed (stillfeel the engine, though). Frankly, I have always just figured that was the way it was and never thought anything about it. Personally, this is one of the things I enjoy about this bike vs. others I've owned and ridden - the engine is a very present part of the experience and has a character all it's own.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:11 PM
bikecop40
Tourer

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!! took the bike to another dealer had their service tech take the bike out on the road,(well to the end of the driveway) he could feel the problem with out even shifting out of 1st gear, when he came back he said that is definitely not supposed to be there at all! They had the bike for about 2hrs.to make the repairs to the mounts. I took the bike out for a test ride before I signed off on the paperwork and the vibration is completely gone (other than the normal HD vibration)
D/C

Old 08-03-2007, 03:38 PM
NorCalDyna
Cruiser

Sounds good! Glad to hear it worked out.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:32 PM
rstick
Intermediate

Which dealer did you take it to, to finally get it fixed? I'm not sure the dealer in T.C. is all that good.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:15 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: bikecop40

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!! took the bike to another dealer had their service tech take the bike out on the road,(well to the end of the driveway) he could feel the problem with out even shifting out of 1st gear, when he came back he said that is definitely not supposed to be there at all! They had the bike for about 2hrs.to make the repairs to the mounts. I took the bike out for a test ride before I signed off on the paperwork and the vibration is completely gone (other than the normal HD vibration)
D/C
Did they put on new engine mounts or just adjust the original ones?
Also which dealer? It's good to know which ones know what they are doing.

Glad you got it taken care of.