Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust / Silencer brackets

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 01:05 PM
cornishman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust / Silencer brackets

Hi guys, has anyone ever replaced the standard exhaust/silencer brackets that run back /under silencers. I find its the first thing to touch down on right handers, i,d rather it was the pegs. Also its not the best looking thing.It looks like the Samson Street Sweepers on Craig C,s bike has,nt got the bracket. Any ideas most welcome.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Joe376
Cruiser
Default RE: Exhaust / Silencer brackets

Just a few weeks after buying my bike I was sitting in the garage contemplating a way to twist the silencers so that the bracket is on the inside instead of on the bottom where it drags. All I would need is a new flat bracket to connect the mounts on the pipes. However, not long after that I realized that if I were to move this bracket, something else would just hit the ground in its place. I determined that it would either be my pegs or the exhaust itself. The pegs, Im not TOO worried about, sounds like you arent either but I would absolutely hate to drag my pipes on the ground. Then I checked the other side and saw something I hadn’t expected. I had already dragged the bottom of my primary on the ground. I have some nice gouges on the underside now. I remember one time I dragged the peg on that side and never thought that I would have hit the primary too. But I did… without even realizing it. That told me that it could be real easy to hit the pegs and to keep on leaning and hit something else.

So, with all that said, Ive decided to leave the bracket where it is. To me, at least, it “looks” simple and cheap enough to replace as needed compared to my pegs and exhaust and it provides a sort of warning to pull back and straighten up before I start scratching something more expensive. : )
Just my thoughts on the issue…

Old 08-03-2007, 04:10 PM
cornishman
Road Master
Default RE: Exhaust / Silencer brackets

Cheers Joe, i see your point and its a good one. all the best.