Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BST wheels tire advice?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021 | 06:59 PM
Dagger DC
Intermediate

Black one is an 08 and the grey one is an 09, good eye.

I do like the split spoke style you picked up, they are going to look good mounted up.

The following users liked this post:
Gunter77 (04-06-2021)
Old 04-08-2021 | 12:44 PM
Gunter77
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dagger DC
Black one is an 08 and the grey one is an 09, good eye.

I do like the split spoke style you picked up, they are going to look good mounted up.
I should have figured both were your bikes. Wow, that's some hardcore Dyna enthusiasm. Dyna sport and Dyna dresser,eh. Nice!

Waiting on parts before I can mount the wheels. My bike has a shitty "Hot Bike" dual disc conversion with the FXDF right hand slider. Ain't never been right- right caliper sits too far inboard . When a shop put those 6-spoke cast wheels on it got much worse. They are 1" axle wheels and the setup needs machining of caliper or slider bosses to be right. Getting a Lowrider slider and new axles.

Old 04-24-2021 | 01:05 PM
Gunter77
|
Cruiser

Man, thought this kinda **** would only happen with aftermarket spoke wheels. Finally got tires for the BSTs, got mounted yesterday at Sportbike shop I use for the Yamaha. Brought 'em home all eager beaver to get 'em mounted... and the front wheel don't hold air! Took it back and the beads good but it leaks right at the BST sticker,lol. Assuming it will get replaced.....2K for garage wall art little out my range,eh

Old 04-24-2021 | 02:34 PM
Gunter77
|
Cruiser

Nothin's perfect in this imperfect world- can't naked- eye see or finger-feel anything wrong with the rim inside or out ( of course the shop rotated the tire 180', tire's fine)

Old 04-24-2021 | 09:09 PM
Dagger DC
Intermediate

Sometimes the mounting lube will cause seepage for the first week. I have noticed mine will leek a few psi until the lube dries or dissipates. Give it a few days and keep topping it off.

My buddy has the same thing happen, we have the same wheels and use the same custom shop. I run pirelli angel gt tires and he uses avon cobra chrome.

Old 04-24-2021 | 10:43 PM
Gunter77
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dagger DC
Sometimes the mounting lube will cause seepage for the first week. I have noticed mine will leek a few psi until the lube dries or dissipates. Give it a few days and keep topping it off.

My buddy has the same thing happen, we have the same wheels and use the same custom shop. I run pirelli angel gt tires and he uses avon cobra chrome.
Thanks for the advice,man. Maybe the lube, but goes flat inside of an hour. Took back to the shop, they rotated the tire, still leaked the same place. Popped the bead and felt around the leak and couldn't feel anything. I will keep pumping it back up to see if the leak stops. The rubber I'm using is Conti Road Attack 3s, pretty good tires. Gotta hand it to Kraus Motors, called 'em on a Saturday when they are closed and they actually called me back. It will work out one way or another, no doubt. Meanwhile I'll see if I can find my copy of "Zen and the Art Motorcycle Maintenance" and do some deep breathing.

Old 04-26-2021 | 09:15 PM
Gunter77
|
Cruiser

Awesome customer support from Kraus Motors and Brock's Performance. Shipping the wheel with tire on to Brock's tomorrow. They will remount the tire on a new wheel and ship it back to me.

Old 04-26-2021 | 09:30 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Community Team

Well that's good it will get fixed. I was gonna finally step in to save the day suggesting either JB Weld or Gorilla Glue but if you want to let them give it a go I understand.

Old 04-27-2021 | 08:42 AM
Gunter77
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Well that's good it will get fixed. I was gonna finally step in to save the day suggesting either JB Weld or Gorilla Glue but if you want to let them give it a go I understand.
What, no Duct Tape option?

Old 04-27-2021 | 02:02 PM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Community Team

Put a tube in it!

Quick Reply: BST wheels tire advice?