Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Streetbob 114

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 09:40 AM
razorbacksrule
Road Master
Received 310 Likes on 195 Posts
Default 114

Ive been in the market for a new bike and this is the 1st new Harley that caught my eye . Theres so much more available torque on it compared to my 09 Lowrider. Fuel tank should be bigger but i could live with it . Theres a waiting list at local dealers here .

Old 03-06-2021, 11:44 AM
Craigny
Road Master
Received 383 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by razorbacksrule
Ive been in the market for a new bike and this is the 1st new Harley that caught my eye . Theres so much more available torque on it compared to my 09 Lowrider. Fuel tank should be bigger but i could live with it . Theres a waiting list at local dealers here .
It's nice for sure...I dig the black with the orange graphics too. When I traded in for my current Dyna I priced this one out too but no 114....I do like them....but that small fuel capacity just irks me!

Last edited by Craigny; 03-06-2021 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:12 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master
Received 288 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasScooterTrash
EXCUSE ME...the new Softail "Street Bob" is NOT a Dyna. No comparison, the MoCo killed the Dyna line but "re-branded" the popular Dyna Family names. REAL Dyna owners know it is sacrilegious to call that POS a Street Bob.
Here what a REAL Dyna looks like, my 2007 with 103,000 on it.
Originally Posted by Craigny
It's nice for sure...I dig the black with the orange graphics too. When I traded in for my current Dyna I priced this one out too but no 114....I do like them....but that small fuel capacity just irks me!
I'm a "REAL Dyna owner" and I don't see the reason for the hate on the new Softail models. They are better. My son has a 2020 Low Rider S, and handling wise it is much better. No wobble. The bikes are much smoother also. This reminds me of the Shovelhead forums where they are bashing on the Twin Cam as not being a "REAL" Harley motor.

It's funny how some of us want to put a smaller sportster tank on our Dyna with no gauges showing, and the new Street Bob has it.

Dave

The following 3 users liked this post by TOE_CUTTER:
Craigny (03-06-2021), Ivabign (03-07-2021), pjdude (03-09-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 12:18 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master
Received 288 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by razorbacksrule
Put on a dual disc set-up, longer front forks, Trac Dynamics swingarm, longer rear shock, that would be a sweet ride.

I like that it has a 150mm rear tire and narrow rear fender.

Oops, I said something sacrilegious.

Dave

Last edited by TOE_CUTTER; 03-06-2021 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:32 PM
Craigny
Road Master

Originally Posted by TOE_CUTTER
I'm a "REAL Dyna owner" and I don't see the reason for the hate on the new Softail models. They are better. My son has a 2020 Low Rider S, and handling wise it is much better. No wobble. The bikes are much smoother also. This reminds me of the Shovelhead forums where they are bashing on the Twin Cam as not being a "REAL" Harley motor.

It's funny how some of us want to put a smaller sportster tank on our Dyna with no gauges showing, and the new Street Bob has it.

Dave
It's true, better chassis, bigger engine...if I had the $ I'd be rocking the new LRS for sure, i've always been a Dyna guy traditionally (i've had 3) and I love my '14 Street Bob, it's set up exactly how i want it and I have no reason get rid of it.....but a new bike is a new bike lol!

Old 03-06-2021, 12:50 PM
razorbacksrule
Road Master
Received 310 Likes on 195 Posts
Default New Bike

Originally Posted by Craigny
It's true, better chassis, bigger engine...if I had the $ I'd be rocking the new LRS for sure, i've always been a Dyna guy traditionally (i've had 3) and I love my '14 Street Bob, it's set up exactly how i want it and I have no reason get rid of it.....but a new bike is a new bike lol!
Exactly what im thinking a brand new bike ! I have my Lowrider set up how i want it also after riding that 114 man what a difference .

The following users liked this post:
Craigny (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 01:04 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by TOE_CUTTER

Dave
I really don't know what my issue with the tank is. I had the 3.3 tank on my sportster and loved the look of it. I'm not sure if its the particular shape of this tank or the small tank on a bigger bike, I can't quite put my finger on it.

I really like that orange one posted above.

The following users liked this post:
Craigny (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 04:05 PM
Craigny
Road Master

Originally Posted by shodown220
I really don't know what my issue with the tank is. I had the 3.3 tank on my sportster and loved the look of it. I'm not sure if its the particular shape of this tank or the small tank on a bigger bike, I can't quite put my finger on it.

I really like that orange one posted above.
I like the look of the tank alot I just wished it was a little bigger to hold more fuel.

Old 03-07-2021, 10:44 AM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 871 Likes on 618 Posts

Originally Posted by shodown220
I really don't know what my issue with the tank is
For me it's the way the frame that's showing looks; it's just wrong. Not enough range, either, but for the form over function thing that's irrelevant.

Old 03-07-2021, 11:14 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Just checked it out on the HD page. Good looking bike. Impressive motor for sure but a 3.5 gallon gas tank? The Baja Orange is a good looking color. Should have dual front disc brakes.

Quick Reply: Streetbob 114