Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna wheelie issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2020 | 08:16 AM
Dudepants
Road Warrior

What about a Lectron carb? Think that'd help with starvation?

Old 10-13-2020 | 09:15 AM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Dudepants
What about a Lectron carb? Think that'd help with starvation?
Most stunters use mikuni and some cv, haven’t heard or seen anybody using lectron yet. I reckon it’s best to use something that is known and used by them big boys.

fyi, I’m riding a newer dyna with efi and now consider switching to the old frame, either with carb or efi. Haven’t decided yet. I have only tried stock and mikuni from friends bike and been doing research about this subject. Things that I have said is not based on my experience but by others and my own research.

Old 10-14-2020 | 09:50 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member

My question is how do you avoid banging up the rear fender or breaking the tail light when at 12 o'clock? Is the fender bobbed off?

Old 10-14-2020 | 05:40 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bob_fxdb
no problem with 39mm. Stock springs works, but will prob not last for so long with hard landings. Seems like he knows his stuff so those springs prob upgraded
Popped one wheelie not by choice, but I thought I bent both tubes and my front end on came about a foot off the ground..

They (39mm) should be fine in theory, because of motocross but those bikes definitely do not weigh near as much as a Harley.. Half of the weight.

Old 10-14-2020 | 06:00 PM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

To be more specific, the stock cuts your fuel because of vapor lock. Get a mikuni or cv carb. I don’t think it’s a way around without modding the carb?
Actually, it is fuel starvation, because the fuel pick up in the carb is above the fuel level in the bowl.

Vapor lock is when fuel boils in the fuel line or fuel bowl, creating pressure that prevents fuel from flowing into the carb.

Old 10-14-2020 | 06:31 PM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Dan89FLSTC
Actually, it is fuel starvation, because the fuel pick up in the carb is above the fuel level in the bowl.

Vapor lock is when fuel boils in the fuel line or fuel bowl, creating pressure that prevents fuel from flowing into the carb.
I see. Some of the OG wheelie dudes told me so I just kept saying that. Anyways, both term explain the fuel issue and stock carb still trash

Originally Posted by REW13
Popped one wheelie not by choice, but I thought I bent both tubes and my front end on came about a foot off the ground..

They (39mm) should be fine in theory, because of motocross but those bikes definitely do not weigh near as much as a Harley.. Half of the weight.
Yeah, I understand what you mean but 39mm tubes are not that easy to bend on the direction the fork is hitting the ground. Stiffer springs if you into the wheelie stuff, or in general if you want a better ride overall. That’s another topic. Haven’t seen or heard stunters bent their tubes on hard landings. I had a sportster with 39mm when I was learning to wheelie harleys, and it went through a lot of hard landings. Had progressive springs in them with thick fork oil. No problem. It’s just in your head.

Old 10-14-2020 | 06:43 PM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Anyways, both term explain the fuel issue and stock carb still trash
Only trash when doing wheelies...

Old 10-14-2020 | 06:56 PM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Dan89FLSTC
Only trash when doing wheelies...
Haha nah, you for sure gonna feel the difference between stock and aftermarket. Stock works for sure, but not as good as they should. But by any means, I don’t see why one should upgrade it if you don’t have complaints or gonna do some works one the engine.

Last edited by Bob_fxdb; 10-14-2020 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-14-2020 | 09:05 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Community Team

And never let anyone tell you it's too early in the morning to do wheelies, it's gotta be 12 O'clock somewhere

The following 2 users liked this post by Suede Blue Man:
DynaKid94 (10-15-2020), rustbelt shanks (11-12-2020)
Old 10-14-2020 | 09:47 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

I see. Some of the OG wheelie dudes told me so I just kept saying that. Anyways, both term explain the fuel issue and stock carb still trash

Yeah, I understand what you mean but 39mm tubes are not that easy to bend on the direction the fork is hitting the ground. Stiffer springs if you into the wheelie stuff, or in general if you want a better ride overall. That’s another topic. Haven’t seen or heard stunters bent their tubes on hard landings. I had a sportster with 39mm when I was learning to wheelie harleys, and it went through a lot of hard landings. Had progressive springs in them with thick fork oil. No problem. It’s just in your head.
And it's a bad picture too...

Guess it's because I bent and broke so many BMX bikes when I was younger..
I did bend an Enduro's forks from wheelies and jumping.

Quick Reply: Dyna wheelie issue