Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Identify upgrade parts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 06:47 AM
bosken
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Identify upgrade parts?

Got my Street Bob 2007-04, brand new, the HD store mounted SE 103 kit and SE 255 cams among other stuff. I got all the "original" pieces, cylinders, cams in boxes.
BUT, how can I be sure that they really fitted the SE big bore kit? Any serial numbers on the SE parts? The cylinders look the sameas the stock.

For all I know they could just have give me leftovers from an other upgrade.

This is my first HD ever, converted from sportbikes, so I have nothing to compare with. And I don´t know how my bike was before, they did the upgrade from out of the box.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:44 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Identify upgrade parts?

Did you get your original pistons back with the other parts? FWIW, if you're that skeptical of the work the dealer did, find someone who you can trust. Unless you take the heads or cylinders off and check the pistons, there really isn't much else you can do except take their word for it.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:09 PM
dailydriver
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cylinders are going to look stock...the only differance is the bore...I doubt a dealer will risk losing his/her factory backing by commiting fraud....Lets face it they'll steal you blind when you need something but you always get the part with the srewing : )
Later

Old 07-30-2007, 02:50 AM
Frank Castle
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Well if you feel your dealer is that disreputable... I dont really know what to tell you.. I know when I take my bike in.. I will "sneak a peek' at it through the service department door or window.. or if its a change over part like that, I will leave a small indiscriminate mark somewhere on an exterior part thats being changedand "check" it upon receiving the bike back.. whoa be it to 'em if its still the same part...