Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley synthetic saddle bags.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 05:55 PM
hall1836
Cruiser

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Harley synthetic saddle bags.....

I kind of like the plain look of these bags(HD90564-06B) for my 2006 low rider. Any comments pro/con? Anyone have pictures of them on your bike? Thanks for your help.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:26 PM
sandysharley
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Harley synthetic saddle bags.....

I purchased the bags for my 06 Street Bob in 12-05. I had trouble with them staying shut when at highway speeds, especially if in side wind. Dealer put extra snap on front edge next to velcrow to help hold down. This seemed to help, but do to the stress that was put on them from puffing up, the front edge started tearing along seam. At 9 months, I asked them to warranty them, which was denied by motor company as considered a wear item. I then had someone else put an extra snap at rear and they put a plastic stiffener along velcrow edge to give more support. Mine had same part #, except had A at end instead of the B you showed. I would never buy any bag that depended on velcrow to hold down again, and now considering replacing with hard bags. I was very dissappointed with that bag and even more when Harley wouldn't warranty after having problems from get go.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Hounds2
Cruiser

I have the bags and really like them....i've got over 8000 miles with them with no problems. the 4 snaps seem to keep them closed for me and the velcrow hasnt came loose either...the have as much space as possible since t he shocks require a nice chunk of the available space but that's true with all dyna bags...for the money i would buy them again....good luck

scott

Old 07-27-2007, 08:39 PM
57springer57
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: sandysharley

I purchased the bags for my 06 Street Bob in 12-05. I had trouble with them staying shut when at highway speeds, especially if in side wind. Dealer put extra snap on front edge next to velcrow to help hold down. This seemed to help, but do to the stress that was put on them from puffing up, the front edge started tearing along seam. At 9 months, I asked them to warranty them, which was denied by motor company as considered a wear item. I then had someone else put an extra snap at rear and they put a plastic stiffener along velcrow edge to give more support. Mine had same part #, except had A at end instead of the B you showed. I would never buy any bag that depended on velcrow to hold down again, and now considering replacing with hard bags. I was very dissappointed with that bag and even more when Harley wouldn't warranty after having problems from get go.
was considering these, thanks for info, will give it a second look