Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

update - swapping harley slip-ons with screamin eagle II's?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 01:12 PM
wild wally
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update - swapping harley slip-ons with screamin eagle II's?

LOL - oh joy, another '06 exhaust question. I've got an '06 FXDCI with the stage 1 intake, the mystery remap, and the Harley slip-on mufflers (part 80418-06). Can I replace these mufflers with a pair of screamin eagle II mufflers without any furthur remapping of the EFI? I guess the heart of the matter is how much less restrictive are the se IIs compared to my current slip-ons? Enough difference to require a remap?

(i found a used set of the screamin eagle II for cheap, hoping this can quench my thirst for more volume til the '06 V&H pipes are available)

thanks!
Wally

Old 11-04-2005, 04:50 PM
fireball
Intermediate
Default RE: swapping harley slip-ons with screamin eagle II's?

wild wally,I just put the seII slipons on my 06 fxd35,big differance in sound and peformance.I have not done the ac or the down load yet.I do plan on doing the ac soon.Can you tell me which down load was done to your bike.You said you have just done the ac so far.
I would like to figure out what is required just for the slipons and ac.I have been told I have to do the race tuner for 459 dollars,but I cant see doing that just for the ac and slipons.
So I hope I answered ypur question abot the slipons.........I installed the balony cut seII out of se catalog. Very good sound.

Old 11-04-2005, 09:25 PM
bayouboy
5th Gear

I have an 06 fxdwg. I bought it with dealer installed SE air cleaner, "mystery" download and SEII slip ons. Just rode the bike on a 1500+ mile round trip. No known porblems and bike runs excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to go with the SEIIs.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:41 PM
fireball
Intermediate

Do you know what the mystery down load was and how much it cost?.Also which dealer did it I sure would like to talk to them.
Thanks for any info.

fireball

Old 11-05-2005, 01:53 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...spagenameZWDVW

I saw this on Ebay yesterday, a pair of Screaming Eagle Slip on's, HD Part Number 80366-99

Might be a good place to begin your journey

Old 11-06-2005, 12:20 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi,

The mystery download is called the Screamin' Eagle Stage I download. It bumps your timing up a little, raises your RPM limiter up 6200 RPM, and adjusts the Air to Fuel ratio. With just mufflers, you don't need a tune, but with the Air Cleaner, YES, you do !!!! Keep in mind the download is a 50 state generic setup. The Power Commander will get it more precise, but not necessary unless you do more than the Air Cleaner and Mufflers.

joe

Old 11-06-2005, 10:37 PM
fireball
Intermediate

Hd Jake

Thanks for the info on the down load.@ dealers I spoke with said I need the Racetuner if I changed the AC .I suspect that because the closed loop system is new that they are not sure of what is required . I will be ordering the SE/AC and stage 1 down losd tommorow.

Thanks ........Fireball

06 FXD35

Old 11-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Renegade
Tourer

I may get hammered for this but what does the "ac" stand for when you guys are talking about exhaust upgrades and downloads? I get everything else but am not familiar with the "ac" acronym.

Old 11-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Headwolf
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Renegade
You won't get hammered for asking a question you don't know these guys are real cool about fill in the blanks
AC stands for Air Cleaner The SEII's work better with a bigger intake As it was explained to me is more air out you have to take more air in Thus if you take more air in you need to adjust the fuel - either rejet (carb) or remap (FI)
there ya go

Old 11-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Renegade
Tourer

I just figured out that ac stands for air cleaner... I do not know how that was not obvious to me.

Quick Reply: update - swapping harley slip-ons with screamin eagle II's?