Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gremlin Bell?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Mike64
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gremlin Bell?

So I've noticed in HD's new tv ad campaign the close up of the bike and rider and "bell" hanging from the front fork or handle bar. Is this a "Gremlin Bell"? Whats the background of the bell? Figured it was to spook livestock or deer when out on country roads.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:27 PM
kc_wa
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Gremlin Bell?

I recall something about the bell provides a place for the gremlins to hide, and the ringing of the bell drives them insane until they drop off on the road. Also provides a warning ahead so they get out of your way.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:10 AM
steelcowboy
Road Master

Thehistory of the bell is easy. It originally comes from the guys who used to party from campground to campground placed them on their bike and "tuned" they're bells so if anyone messed with they're bike they would hear it and stomp the **** out of them. Now the bell has became a tradition that one biker buys another his bell the bell is supposed to scare of nasty road gremlins that linger on the highways. (Yeah right and my skull derby cover keeps away the bogeyman) either way you look at it its really a meaningful gift from one biker to another a good friend bought mine took him almost a year to do it to him it was very important to get the right one. If you ask some guys who've bought them for a friend orhad them bought for them I think you'll find they have a story behind them.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:38 AM
carltex
Road Warrior

Look it up on the net. http://www.gremlinbells.com/

Old 07-26-2007, 07:42 AM
99_percenter
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Mike64

So I've noticed in HD's new tv ad campaign the close up of the bike and rider and "bell" hanging from the front fork or handle bar. Is this a "Gremlin Bell"? Whats the background of the bell? Figured it was to spook livestock or deer when out on country roads.
sposed to keep these lil shmucks at bay. Gremlins get caught up in the bell and the constant ringing drives them crazy and they fall to ther lil deaths... heh (c:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUx-zp6UJRc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-wbr8_KI14

SB

Old 07-26-2007, 07:46 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

road gremlins hate the sound of a bell. gremlins do nasty things to bikes. so the bell make them jump off the bike. [sm=bounceybounce.gif]pot holes in the road are where gremlins hit the ground !!!! [sm=escape.gif]be sure you keep the bell clean.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:38 AM
BuckyD
6th Gear

Just bought a new to me FXDWG that the previous owner had installed a gremlin bell on. Whil I was going over the bike I thought about removing the bell but considered the ramifications of doing so. Hey, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you! BuckyD

Old 07-26-2007, 11:43 AM
steelcowboy
Road Master

If you BELIEVE in the luck of the bell. Then the bell on the bike will have no luck some one must GIVE you the bell for it to be any good.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:57 PM
hounddog
Tourer

ya the stories are true i had a bell bought for me and things were good, till one day i noticed i lost it!!!! not but 10 miles later (after i noticed it was gone) i stopped for some gas and as i left i looped out on some cagers oil spot and F'd my ride all up and i slide across the parkin lot of a crowded gas station. im not sure when i actully lost it but not long after i noticed it bad things happend, i didnt ride till my sister and her boyfriend got me another bell!!! i beleive in these things thru and thru.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:43 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,506 Likes on 2,437 Posts

according to "legend", hang the bellon the bikeas low as possible, i.e.frame or clutch cable under engine. the gremlins jump up into the bell while you're riding, they won't go any higher than the bell. when the bell rings the noise is deafening to them and they jump out of the bell into the road. when the gremlins crash into the roadway they cause the potholes. if you hang them on your handle bars, those little buggers have all kinds of places to hide on your bike and then things mysteriously break. is it true or legend? i have one on each bike as close to the road as possible.

Quick Reply: Gremlin Bell?