Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 10:09 AM
Jonah Baca
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

Hey there, new to the forum! I have an 02 Dyna Glide that’s getting power but won’t turn on. Sometimes when I’m riding the bike, it will just stop running but I’ll still have power. Wondering how I could solve this from home, trying to get her back into riding mode. Thanks!!

Old 06-04-2020, 11:06 AM
Tommy B
Tourer
Veteran: Army
Received 563 Likes on 224 Posts

My '00 WG would just cut off while riding. Still had juice but would shut down, then after a couple of minutes would start back up again. Turns out the crank position sensor was bad, found out when realized that the engine light blinking when starting the bike was actually telling me something, that the bike threw a code. Used a jumper to read the code through the method outlined in the shop manual, replaced the CKP and problem solved. YMMV, of course.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:29 AM
rasmukri
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy B
My '00 WG would just cut off while riding. Still had juice but would shut down, then after a couple of minutes would start back up again. Turns out the crank position sensor was bad, found out when realized that the engine light blinking when starting the bike was actually telling me something, that the bike threw a code. Used a jumper to read the code through the method outlined in the shop manual, replaced the CKP and problem solved. YMMV, of course.
+1 to this
I've had a similar problem and it was the crank sensor both times. Its an easy fix but its extremely inconvenient if you're out on the road and not just firing it up at the house.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:40 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,036 Likes on 774 Posts

Start with the basics. Make sure your battery is fully charged and tests OK. Check the cables to the battery terminals and make sure they are tight and clean. Then check the ground cable from the battery to the frame to ensure it's also clean and tight.