Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harleys do vibrate. The Truth

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:52 AM
mhbetzer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Harleys do vibrate. The Truth

Unless you've rode a 60's Triumph 650cc Bonneville you don't know what vibration is. At 7000 rpm the speedo and tach were just a blur, and after a couple of thousand miles they were just the cases with the parts rattleing around inside. Oh yeah, I had a 1978 Kawasaki 1000cc 4 cyl. that vibrated more at 70 mph than my 05 FXD. It was a buzz that would numb your hands and feet in short order.

[/align]

Old 07-25-2007, 08:40 AM
Drexor69
Tourer

No clunks here either...

Old 07-25-2007, 09:01 AM
glebo
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,118 Likes on 357 Posts

they don't call it the Millwauki (sp?) vibrator for nothing!! Why do ya think the ladies like'em so much[8D]

Old 07-26-2007, 12:53 AM
mentor70
Road Warrior

If you ever get a chance ride a Shovel

((((((((((good vibrations)))))))))))))))))!

Old 07-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Donny
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I know vibration is part of a harley, but I've been riding and wrenching since I was 9 or 10 years old, and know the difference between normal and not normal. Mine was smooth as can be when I bought it. over time, it developed a vibration, and now it's to the pointwhere it's getting hard to keep my feet on the pegs! In right handturns, the vibration changes to a growling vibration that I can feel back and forth through the left and right pegs, and the seat. I can't find anything loose or worn, and dealer just gives me the "It's a harley" answer.If that's true, then how come I can ride any other dyna, and theydon't have theodd vibes or noises mine does?

Old 07-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Rebel78
Road Captain

If it does not vibrate then its probably a Chinese Harley!

Old 07-26-2007, 07:58 AM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, I'm not into that old idiom, "Harley Magic". My bike vibrates or rather "buzzes" at any speed, in any gear. I can pull the clutch in while at speed and let the engine idle and the buzz goes away. I can rev the engine with the clutch pulled in and it buzzes. I've gone round and round with the MOCO and the dealer. They did change out the front motor mount and that made a world of difference, at least for about 600 miles. Then the buzz came back.

I'm sure I can engineer a solution to fix this problem. However, I'm beginning to question whether it is really worth it to fix a MOCO problem. I'm almost at that tipping point of selling my bike and buying a metric, probably a BMW or an FJ1300. At the rate my Dyna has depreciated, it is not much different than a metric.

Maybe it's just that I'm a "motorcyclist" and not a "biker". I've got several cross country (Atlantic to Pacific) runs under my belt; several west coast runs, and one from Mexico to Canada through the center of the country. My next trip is the east coast; NC to Key West, back, and then to Nova Scotia. I don't need a "buzz" machine when I put that many miles on a bike. I ride to work and back and just generally enjoy that wind in my face feeling.

The MOCO has to step up to the plate in this day and time. It trys to cover up it's problems buy selling "image". I say HOGWASH. Hell, all their clothing is made in CHINA, and many of their accessories are made there as well. Who's fooling who.

Conclusion, my bike vibrates (buzzes), has from day one. I've been put off enough until the warranty runs out. The dealer's service department sucks. Yea! I'm looking for another bike, just will not be a Harley this time. My opinion, but I usually speak with my wallet.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:17 AM
friknjok
Advanced

Excessive vibration has always been a staple of harleys .... then came the rubber mounts.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:52 AM
twofish
Road Master

The vibration is what helps turn me on.
I practice safe riding; I have a rubber mounted motor.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:53 AM
kerberos
Road Captain

ROFL!

I shouldn't read posts like that when I am drinking coffee!

wt

Quick Reply: Harleys do vibrate. The Truth