Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experiences t bars

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 10:40 AM
Bikejunky22
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Craigny
No problem. I had the one piece, like I said I love the way they look but i'm not too stoked about the defect. I reached out to the vendor I purchased from, waiting to hear back. Love the Lucky Daves...
If I decide to go with them it would probably be the 2 piece since they are easily available. So one side of your t bar is higher than the other? Which causes the top bar to be slightly slanted?

Old 05-12-2020, 04:32 PM
Craigny
Road Master
Received 383 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikejunky22
If I decide to go with them it would probably be the 2 piece since they are easily available. So one side of your t bar is higher than the other? Which causes the top bar to be slightly slanted?
No not higher but the top bar is not 100% parallel to the triple trees if that makes sense. It walks off towards you on the right side...it's slight but for the money I paid I expect that they are straight. I tried new bushings but you can see it's the bars when you line it all up.

Old 05-12-2020, 04:37 PM
Bikejunky22
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Craigny
No not higher but the top bar is not 100% parallel to the triple trees if that makes sense. It walks off towards you on the right side...it's slight but for the money I paid I expect that they are straight. I tried new bushings but you can see it's the bars when you line it all up.
Ok I see what you mean how. Where did you order them from? Also I sent you a pm

Old 05-12-2020, 04:50 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 831 Likes on 376 Posts

I’ve ran one set of T-Bars ever, for about 4 days and couldn’t get em off fast enough. I like having options to move or change my bars as needed. I just switched a couple days ago from 8” straight Biltwells to 10” pullbacks (I also run Biltwell high trackers) and I’ve never been so happy with a bar/riser setup. I’m vertically challenged with short limbs so these fall right back in my hands and my arms are juuust at or slightly above shoulder height (depending on if I slouch when I ride) total height of my setup is 14” off the top tree. I do think t-bars look cleaner when wired internally though, no doubt about that.

Old 05-12-2020, 04:58 PM
Craigny
Road Master
Received 383 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikejunky22
Ok I see what you mean how. Where did you order them from? Also I sent you a pm
Responded.

Old 05-12-2020, 05:02 PM
Bikejunky22
Cruiser

Originally Posted by shiftace
I’ve ran one set of T-Bars ever, for about 4 days and couldn’t get em off fast enough. I like having options to move or change my bars as needed. I just switched a couple days ago from 8” straight Biltwells to 10” pullbacks (I also run Biltwell high trackers) and I’ve never been so happy with a bar/riser setup. I’m vertically challenged with short limbs so these fall right back in my hands and my arms are juuust at or slightly above shoulder height (depending on if I slouch when I ride) total height of my setup is 14” off the top tree. I do think t-bars look cleaner when wired internally though, no doubt about that.
so you like the separate risers and bar setup as opposed to 1 piece t bars? So you have the Murdock 10” pull back and 4” high tracker biltwell bars?

Old 05-12-2020, 10:15 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 831 Likes on 376 Posts

Yes. I personally prefer riser/bar setups to solid t bars. Also yes I’m running 10” pullback Murdoch’s and 4” high trackers.

Old 05-13-2020, 07:08 AM
Bikejunky22
Cruiser

Originally Posted by shiftace
Yes. I personally prefer riser/bar setups to solid t bars. Also yes I’m running 10” pullback Murdoch’s and 4” high trackers.

thanks for sharing! I’m definitely considering the 2 piece setup, seems like it gives the most flexibility, just hard to pass up the price of the biltwell Tyson’s. I’m thinking of going 8” risers to allow me to use riser extensions down the road if I choose to increase height rather than having to buy new.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:20 AM
freebaggin
Tourer
Received 111 Likes on 60 Posts

Did alot of research and testing to see which was my favorite and I decided to go with IMZZ Dive Bar 14 inch, I'm 6'1 and for me this size is the most comfortable and in my opinion looks the best. IMZZ Elite is a local shop to me here in Orange County CA, I really like locally made and the folks at IMZZ are very Dyna oriented and can help you figure out what's going to work best. I love not having a riser, bars are rock solid and won't move no matter how hard you push or pull on them. Good luck with your search!

i also recommend doing it yourself, it's really not hard at all, late model CANBUS connectors slide thru easily, it's really not difficult if your prepared and you will learn alot about your bike...
​​​​​

The following users liked this post:
Bikejunky22 (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 09:36 AM
Bikejunky22
Cruiser

Originally Posted by freebaggin
Did alot of research and testing to see which was my favorite and I decided to go with IMZZ Dive Bar 14 inch, I'm 6'1 and for me this size is the most comfortable and in my opinion looks the best. IMZZ Elite is a local shop to me here in Orange County CA, I really like locally made and the folks at IMZZ are very Dyna oriented and can help you figure out what's going to work best. I love not having a riser, bars are rock solid and won't move no matter how hard you push or pull on them. Good luck with your search!

i also recommend doing it yourself, it's really not hard at all, late model CANBUS connectors slide thru easily, it's really not difficult if your prepared and you will learn alot about your bike...
​​​​​
those do look really nice! I can’t decide if I want a pullback or not. I’m short and don’t have the longest arms. Trying to measure things in the garage is hard lol

Quick Reply: Experiences t bars