Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ALARM CODE CHANGE

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Spanish Flyer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALARM CODE CHANGE

I gave my dealer the code (a 5 digit number), actually I sent an email with the number, and they messed it all up making the code a different one to the one I wanted. Problem is I am familiar with the one I wanted, but haven't a clue about the one they keyed in. I told them and they replied not to worry because they would change it in my first 1000 mile revision. My question is, can I change the code without having to take the bike to the dealer? and one more thing, how does the alarm work, what does it do and what upgrades can I install. My bike is a 2007 FXDC
Thanks in advance

Old 07-22-2007, 09:53 AM
wfdmedic8
Cruiser
Default RE: ALARM CODE CHANGE

Look in your owners manual. The directions on how to change the code are in there.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:29 AM
2kflhr
Cruiser

- Arming: Hold Fob button down until signals flash twice. The 'key' lamp on the speedometer will Blink to indicate the system is armed. If auto arming is enabled, the key lamp will stay continuously lit for 30 seconds after the ignition is turned off, then the system will arm itself.

- Disarming: 'Double-click' the Fob, the signals will flash once and the key lamp will stop flashing. If the Fob is lost or not working, the system can be disabled by entering the passcode. (the pass code is entered by the left indicator button and the right indicator button is the <enter> key).Without setting off the alarm, get the ignition switch to accessory, hold down both left and right signal switches until the key lamp flashes rapidly, enter the first digit on the left and use the right as an 'enter' key, enter all five digits of the passcode and the system will Disarm, if you screw up, the alarm will activate and you will have to wait ten minutes.

- Transport Mode: Allows the system to be armed without the motion sensors, disabled for service, Trailer transporting, and etc. Turn the ignition switch on, arm with the Fob, turn the ignition off and arm once again with the Fob. Signals will flash 3 times to confirm arming.

All other functions of the alarm system will require entering the configuration mode. This is done by disarming the system.
Run/stop switch in stop, flip the ignition switch on/off/on/off/on, then push the left signal button twice. If power was disturbed to the alarm module, the sequence may have to be repeated to get into configuration mode. The system will respond by flashing out the module type code. (1-TSM, 2-TSSM dom, 3-TSSM hdi)

- To assign the Fobs, enter the configuration mode, and push the right
once (one flash), then the left once (two flashes), then hold down the fob button until the system recognizes it. Hold down the second Fob until the system recognizes it. Both Fobs must be assigned at the same time. Turn off the ignition switch to exit.

- To assign a passcode, enter the configuration mode, then use the fob to
send a disarm command, signal will flash once. To indicate the first digit, push the left signal button and the key light will flash out the value of the first digit. Pushing the left button will advance the value up through 9 and will start over at 1. When done setting the first digit, double click the fob again and the signals will flash twice to indicate the second digit, continue on through all five digits. Turn ignition off to exit.

- To adjust the sensitivity, enter the configuration mode, then use the fob
to send an arm command (one flash) then push the left signal button once. The signals will flash out the current setting, 1-4, push the left button to advance the setting, turn ignition off to exit.

- To extract system trouble codes, enter the configuration mode, then press the right signal button three times, pausing between each press for the system to flash once, twice, and three times respectively. Press the left signal button once and they signals will flash out two digit codes. Press and hold the left button to clear all codes from memory, otherwise turn ignition off to exit.

- To enable auto arming, enter the configuration mode, and then use the fob to arm the system twice, and press the left button once. The system will flash the setting code,1-disabled, 2-enabled. Press the left button to change the setting, turn ignition off to exit.

- To adjust between Sidecar mode and normal mode, enter the configuration mode, then push the right button twice , Then the left button once and the signal will flash out the current setting, 1-normal, 2-sidecar. Press the left button to change the setting, then turn the ignition off to exit.

- To adjust the length of time delay before going into storage mode, enter the configuration mode, then use the fob to

Old 07-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Spanish Flyer
Tourer

Thank you both, specially 2kflhr for that extensive explanation. I asked this because unfortunately I am working in Uruguay starting-up a pulpmill and won't be back home till next month. It was actually my brother who picked up my bike from the dealer. Anyway, it is good to know that the alarm code can be changed without having to take the bike to the dealer. However the alarm setting seems to me as a new Harley owner a rather complicated and time consuming task; I guess I will just have to sit on the bike and slowly decipher what you have explained; Just in case I will copy/print your explanations.

The other thing was what does this standard alarm do (apart from not allowing to start the bike with the alarm on) and what upgrades can be installed; I have seen some kind of a disc that you carry with you that does not allow anyone to start the bike even if the ignition key is on, unless that little disc is close to the bike...

Thanks again