Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone sand the shiny out?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:24 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Anyone sand the shiny out?

As an owner of the original Black "Denim" I can tell you that by day two I was wishing I would have got the shiny black.That flat paint always looks dirty, scuffs and scratches easier than regular paint and when it does there's nothing you can do about it but repaint it.Finding a flat black touch up paint wasn't too difficult but flat red? fugitaboutit.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:17 PM
davidchristopher
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone sand the shiny out?

Agree... I'm a paint hobbyist, not a pro- but I will tell you the tank (more so than the fenders) has an obscenely thick coat of clear on it. Scuffing the surface will end up making it look foggy, not flat. Now, I have an 06 denim black bob myself and already I've grown tired of the paint color. I'll post pics when I'm done.

I'll say this about the denim black... I have a second set of tins that I'm painting. The replacement tank came from a denim black 'bob... and I got it cheap because it was scratched quite badly. not to metal, but it was very noticable. I found, while preping the tank for paint that with the DENIM you can remove surface scratches quite easily with

1) a very light touch
2) 2000 grit wetsanding
3) being very careful.

Don't blame me if you f%%k up your paint though.