Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna vs Sportster

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2020 | 02:30 PM
handirifle
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Not in person, but I am afraid any NEW bike is out of my budget. At least other than a sportster, which I already have.

The following users liked this post:
user 839202 (03-26-2020)
Old 03-27-2020 | 07:45 PM
Elwaupo
Cruiser
Default Cheap Glide

I actually won a Street Bob a couple of years ago in one of those raffles, I called it my “$5.00 Dyna”. Since then I’ve converted it to what I think fits my use as a good all around bike. I tossed the tall handle bars, installed forward controls, mounted a Batwing fairing and I just mounted hardbags and I recently renamed it my “Cheap Glide” as its looking more like Street Glide. My point is either bike will do the trick, it’s just how you set it up. A Sportster is lighter but the Dyna has more Torque and for cruising, I have to admit the Dyna is much smoother. Dynas are in the 600lb range where the big boys are in the hefty 900lb range. A friend of mine who owns one says he has to start it just to move it.

A friend of mine who is all of 5’4” or less just bought an Ultra Glide and had it lowered and he loves it. I’m 63 and I’m happy with my Cheap Glide for its lighter weight, handling and power for cruising. 😎

The following users liked this post:
cliffd (02-15-2021)
Old 03-28-2020 | 12:06 AM
handirifle
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Elwaupo

What? No pics? Come on can't tease me like that.

Old 03-28-2020 | 08:03 AM
Elwaupo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by handirifle
Elwaupo

What? No pics? Come on can't tease me like that.
I can’t seem to upload pictures on this site, to complicated but I can email them to you from start to finish if you’d like. I would love to upload load on this site to show my progress on what has turned into my fun project. Today I’m taking it to get Andrews 57H cams!

Old 03-28-2020 | 12:51 PM
handirifle
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Its not too bad to upload. You first need to click the "go advanced" button below the typing window. From the next window, insert the cursor where you want the pic to go, then click the "manage attachments" button. From the next window select the source you want the pic to come from, usually already on your device, but you can take it then if you desire.

Select the pic(s) you want to upload, and click "done". They will count in percentage as the pic gets loaded. When all are displayed, click "upload" in the upper right corner, and they will (should) appear on your post, then click "submit reply" and it is posted.

Sounds like a lot more than it is, and once you've done it a few times, its easy.

Old 03-28-2020 | 01:09 PM
Elwaupo
Cruiser
Default Start to Present day “Cheap Glide”

Old 03-28-2020 | 01:10 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

miss my sporty, like my low rider, BUT if I had the choice between the two it would be close!!
sporty was an EVO 4sp, 883 bored over to 1200. stretched and lowered... power was sweet.. with a twist of the wrist it lit up the rear tire.
LR.... 5sp with suspension work,(stiff) power????meh.... it will not lite up the rear with a twist of the wrist.. heavier than sporty... but comfortable too!!

Old 03-28-2020 | 01:10 PM
Elwaupo
Cruiser

Figured out how to upload pictures!

Old 03-28-2020 | 01:14 PM
Elwaupo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Elwaupo
I actually won a Street Bob a couple of years ago in one of those raffles, I called it my “$5.00 Dyna”. Since then I’ve converted it to what I think fits my use as a good all around bike. I tossed the tall handle bars, installed forward controls, mounted a Batwing fairing and I just mounted hardbags and I recently renamed it my “Cheap Glide” as its looking more like Street Glide. My point is either bike will do the trick, it’s just how you set it up. A Sportster is lighter but the Dyna has more Torque and for cruising, I have to admit the Dyna is much smoother. Dynas are in the 600lb range where the big boys are in the hefty 900lb range. A friend of mine who owns one says he has to start it just to move it.

A friend of mine who is all of 5’4” or less just bought an Ultra Glide and had it lowered and he loves it. I’m 63 and I’m happy with my Cheap Glide for its lighter weight, handling and power for cruising. 😎
I meant my friend is 5’4” tall, I am 5’10” and 63 years old

Last edited by Elwaupo; 03-28-2020 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-28-2020 | 01:15 PM
handirifle
|
Seasoned HDF Member

I noticed. What bags are those in the last pic.

Quick Reply: Dyna vs Sportster