Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD 3/4 fairing shield options -?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 10:16 AM
oldmisfit
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HD 3/4 fairing shield options -?

Looking at the https://altered-industries.com/ website and they have a 14 inch and 16 inch drop in shield to the 3/4 fairing.
Anyone use one? I have seen the threads on the https://www.laminarlip.com/sprtcmf.php,

Laminar Lip

and
http://www.roadawgz.com/index.htm shield.

Roadawgz
this appears to have a recurve at the top? Anyone able to confirm this? or use this shield?

Mostly looking for additional photo's or if any one has used altered-industries?

altered shield front

altered side

Old 03-05-2020, 11:39 AM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 831 Likes on 376 Posts

Saw a guy taking about the altered industries one on a fb group recently. He said he liked it but was comparing it to just his stock setup. I literally just put a laminar on my 1/4 this week but have yet to ride with it. I personally like how the laminar looks when installed more than the altered. The road dawgz is nice but did they stop making them? Or did I hear wrong? If more reviews come in for the altered industries one I may look into one just to have options.

Old 03-06-2020, 12:29 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master
Received 288 Likes on 208 Posts

Need I say more?

Dave

The following 5 users liked this post by TOE_CUTTER:
Buster (03-08-2020), byrdman.45 (05-01-2020), GREENOHAWK69 (03-10-2020), oldmisfit (03-07-2020), shiftace (03-06-2020)
Old 03-07-2020, 12:32 AM
oldmisfit
Cruiser

Excellent @ toe cutter

FYI contracted each company

price is 90 ish from altered industries only has 16 inch tinted
price for roadawgz is 169 ish which does both clear and tinted

Last edited by oldmisfit; 03-07-2020 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:17 PM
oldmisfit
Cruiser

Originally Posted by oldmisfit
Excellent @ toe cutter

FYI contracted each company

price is 90 ish from altered industries only has 16 inch tinted
price for roadawgz is 169 ish which does both clear and tinted
Originally Posted by shiftace
The road dawgz is nice but did they stop making them? Or did I hear wrong? I
They make both a clear and tinted, I shot them a email and got same day response. I liked them also but seems a bit over priced.....IMHO. I ordered the Altered industries so I will let you know how it goes.

Pat

Old 03-15-2020, 06:24 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 757 Likes on 523 Posts

So I'm wondering about this item on Amazon, it shows a picture of Squid's ole Green bike but the photo has been altered to delete the "Harley-Davidson" logo from the tank and on Squid's original photo his lip has the "Laminar Lip" logo on the lower right corner but as you can see in the Amazon photo like the tank, there is no branding to make it look like the one for sale.

I wonder if it is the same item made by the same people who make the Laminar branded lip but with no branding? If it is the same item, price is hard to beat!

Amazon Amazon

Old 03-15-2020, 08:49 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 831 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
So I'm wondering about this item on Amazon, it shows a picture of Squid's ole Green bike but the photo has been altered to delete the "Harley-Davidson" logo from the tank and on Squid's original photo his lip has the "Laminar Lip" logo on the lower right corner but as you can see in the Amazon photo like the tank, there is no branding to make it look like the one for sale.

I wonder if it is the same item made by the same people who make the Laminar branded lip but with no branding? If it is the same item, price is hard to beat!

https://www.amazon.com/XMMT-Windshie...s%2C212&sr=8-1
my buddy has that lip and it looks and feels exactly like my laminar brand one. The Velcro rounds though are different feeling. Mine were very thick and damn near impossible to remove from each other once stuck together. His felt a little softer but hasn’t blown off as of yet.

Old 03-16-2020, 07:53 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 757 Likes on 523 Posts

Originally Posted by shiftace
my buddy has that lip and it looks and feels exactly like my laminar brand one. The Velcro rounds though are different feeling. Mine were very thick and damn near impossible to remove from each other once stuck together. His felt a little softer but hasn’t blown off as of yet.
That's good cause I ordered it a few days ago after reading your posts on your's a couple of times

Old 03-16-2020, 10:23 AM
fxdx1985
Road Master
Received 156 Likes on 100 Posts

That's good cause I ordered it a few days ago after reading your posts on your's a couple of times
off topic, but what happened to ol’ Squid? Last I heard he was having some health problems and that bike and his presence disappeared form this forum real fast.

Old 03-16-2020, 07:21 PM
oldmisfit
Cruiser

super excited to get home and get mine mounted up, please post up with how it goes.

Quick Reply: HD 3/4 fairing shield options -?