Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 FXDL makeover.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2020 | 03:36 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 653 Posts

Thanks for the info... Will try to get one of those calipers... For a single set up..

Old 03-11-2020 | 03:56 PM
shiftace
|
Road Warrior
Received 840 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by REW13
Thanks for the info... Will try to get one of those calipers... For a single set up..
if you’re gonna just do a single. Go with a Speed Merchant bracket and radial Tokico. Calipers are a dime a dozen and the bracket is probably no more than what a single bagger caliper would run you.

Old 03-11-2020 | 04:00 PM
shiftace
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by snake_eyes
Question for you, when you installed your Thunderheader bracket how did you handle the stud that I have circled in red? When I installed mine, if I left the stud in the case the fixed nut pushed the bracket out and if I tried to put the stud through the bracket it was too short. I ended up grinding down the fixed nut on it so it fits inside the hole in the bracket, then used the nut that held the OEM bracket on.
I just reused it. There were 6 full threads exposed which I’ve never had an issue on other ones I’ve had. Now the bracket under the cam cover? That fvcker gave me fits. It’s never hit a single pipe I’ve owned on any bike except this one. Weird manufacturing day at Thunderheader maybe?? I dunno but getting those torx out sucked. I was too lazy to lift the motor either so had to make a tool and it still sucked.

Old 03-11-2020 | 04:00 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

Actually looked at that set up along with the wilwood setup.
Ended up changing pads.... Major improvements over what was there

Old 03-11-2020 | 04:10 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,253 Likes on 735 Posts

Originally Posted by shiftace
I just reused it. There were 6 full threads exposed which I’ve never had an issue on other ones I’ve had. Now the bracket under the cam cover? That fvcker gave me fits. It’s never hit a single pipe I’ve owned on any bike except this one. Weird manufacturing day at Thunderheader maybe?? I dunno but getting those torx out sucked. I was too lazy to lift the motor either so had to make a tool and it still sucked.
So, the fixed nut (I don't know how else to describe it) is outside the bracket holding it to the tranny cover? And I had the same issue with that bracket, bought this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TX0DEO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TX0DEO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and it took about 3 mins.

Old 03-11-2020 | 05:41 PM
shiftace
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by snake_eyes
So, the fixed nut (I don't know how else to describe it) is outside the bracket holding it to the tranny cover? And I had the same issue with that bracket, bought this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it took about 3 mins.
that’s exactly what I needed.

yeah, it’s Just through my bracket. You could just get an Allen head bolt that matches and use it too if you had to.

Old 03-28-2020 | 02:08 PM
shiftace
|
Road Warrior

Well the Corbin seat, while comfortable as hell was a little too tall/wide for my preference. Traded it for a LePera Daytona Sport basket weave and could not be happier. I love these seats and have tried to find one for numerous Dynas I’ve had with no luck. Now I’m eyeing changing out the air cleaner and risers. Never happy.

The following users liked this post:
Chad1200 (03-30-2020)
Old 03-28-2020 | 04:18 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

I like that you got rid of the harley on the tank... Look nice

Old 03-28-2020 | 04:27 PM
shiftace
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by REW13
I like that you got rid of the harley on the tank... Look nice
Original owner did that and I’ve wrestled with maybe having the script pinstriped back in but at some point if I keep it that long I want to re-do the paint with hot rod flames anyways.

Old 03-28-2020 | 04:36 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,314 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Originally Posted by shiftace
Original owner did that and I’ve wrestled with maybe having the script pinstriped back in but at some point if I keep it that long I want to re-do the paint with hot rod flames anyways.
Since you didn't remove the tank decals (I noticed the lack in those first pics), then I vote for adding something back

Quick Reply: 01 FXDL makeover.