Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 FXDL makeover.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2020 | 08:06 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 653 Posts

Here's the link to the carb if you are interested, looking for a good 2 into 1 exhaust for my bike,. But I like the long pipe look, so my choices are expensive..
Keep posting work and pics, like getting new ideas..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-DAVI...edirect=mobile

The following users liked this post:
shiftace (02-25-2020)
Old 03-01-2020 | 11:36 AM
shiftace
|
Road Warrior
Received 840 Likes on 378 Posts

Front end back together with the +2 dampener tubes, RaceTech .95 springs and gold valves. Mounted up the new Bagger Brembos with 12pt ARP hardware from IMZZ Elite. Brake master and lines left to do later today I hope.

Old 03-01-2020 | 12:13 PM
bmcdowell40
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

How do you like the moons mc taillight? Did you have to get the load equalizer to make it work properly?

Old 03-01-2020 | 03:01 PM
shiftace
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bmcdowell40
How do you like the moons mc taillight? Did you have to get the load equalizer to make it work properly?
I love both of the lights. I don’t have the resistor so I get the hyper flash but it doesn’t bother me at all. Brings more attention to my signals anyways.

Old 03-01-2020 | 03:28 PM
shiftace
|
Road Warrior

Round 2 of this makeover is done for now. Like stated above this time around I did.

RaceTech Springs and Gold Valves
TrackerDie +2 dampener tubes.
Speed Merchant adjusters
Bagger Brembos with Lyndall pads.
Big ALS Cycles Brake lines
Polished 11.8 rotors, matching 11.5 rear
Moons MC shift peg and tinted fairing lenses.
Painted the lowers for now. Powder next winter

gonna ride the wheels off from now until November and tear it apart again for motor work and more shiny crap. That is if I keep it that long, I’m not married to any of this stuff so if someone wants it more than I do, buh-bye.

Old 03-01-2020 | 08:44 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 653 Posts

Good work there sir..... How are the bagger brakes working?? Always looking for ideas

Old 03-01-2020 | 09:18 PM
shiftace
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by REW13
Good work there sir..... How are the bagger brakes working?? Always looking for ideas
not sure. Haven’t ridden it yet, snowed minutes after I took these. Hopefully this week I’ll get to shake all the changes down.

Old 03-02-2020 | 04:16 AM
indytrucks
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Looking good man. I have some parts on the way but you're a few steps ahead of me haha. Looking forward to hearing how you like those brakes. Still debating between those and some radial mounts. Just a heads up, that black ARP stuff from IMZZ rusts super fast. Its just black oxide. I made that mistake on my primary and derby cover.

The following users liked this post:
shiftace (03-02-2020)
Old 03-02-2020 | 04:41 PM
shiftace
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by indytrucks
Looking good man. I have some parts on the way but you're a few steps ahead of me haha. Looking forward to hearing how you like those brakes. Still debating between those and some radial mounts. Just a heads up, that black ARP stuff from IMZZ rusts super fast. Its just black oxide. I made that mistake on my primary and derby cover.
I fvcking hope not lol. It’s not super humid or moist up here, hoping that saves me. When I built my DX years ago I’m Las Vegas I used black oxide on everything and didn’t have issues. When I moved to CA, they rusted overnight. We’ll see, but I’m really hoping they don’t.

hoping to break everything in this week as it’ll be in the 60’s finally. Honestly if I wouldn’t have been given these calipers for free I’d have went radials too. I’m only in em for the price of pads so can’t beat that.

Last edited by shiftace; 03-02-2020 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-02-2020 | 06:55 PM
R_Einan
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by indytrucks
Originally Posted by shiftace
I fvcking hope not lol. It’s not super humid or moist up here, hoping that saves me. When I built my DX years ago I’m Las Vegas I used black oxide on everything and didn’t have issues. When I moved to CA, they rusted overnight. We’ll see, but I’m really hoping they don’t.

hoping to break everything in this week as it’ll be in the 60’s finally. Honestly if I wouldn’t have been given these calipers for free I’d have went radials too. I’m only in em for the price of pads so can’t beat that.
I’ll second that! I am switching to black oxide on a ton of fasteners, and I’m in SE WA. Honestly before I start assembling I think I will coat all the fasteners in something. I’ve considered clear lacquer, or firearms black coating (Aluma-hyde or duracoat). Hope that will keep them from looking bad.

Quick Reply: 01 FXDL makeover.