Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few little changes

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 02:15 PM
harley_biker_barbie
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Few little changes

Thank you, thank you I'd been dreaming and planning of doing what I've done and more to my bike since I fell in love with the '06 but personally I'm glad I waited till '07 to get my Bobbi.
I have a monster winter project this year with what I'm planning but thats cool hope its not a warm winter... if it is I'll ride and not do the project ;[

Another thing about the pipes I need to tell ya is we ordered some extra pipe clamps from Drag Specialties to help hold the pipes on can't for the life of me remeber which ones we ordered- but there I think 3 different ones don't know the ones that we used but the pipes didn't fit from the small mount they had.
I also just left all the stock pipes on up to the slip-ons - I didnt change anything but the slip-ons left the stock pipes from the jugs to the slip-ons - left the mounts all stock- cross overs
I did take some pics for ya to help better explain this hope it helps

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...pes/pipes1.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...pes/pipes2.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...pes/pipes3.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...pes/pipes4.jpg

I Love the TC-96 I can still keep up with the Hubby's FXDWG he's got all kinds of engine work and the sporty I have could take him off the line but he would run away from me in the end...

We'rein the South-West end of Louisville, oh ok Maysville closer to Cinci, thats cool , would like to go in that direction tomorrow that would be a nice ride.

We bought this cool book in Glendale Ky, it's called "101 places to eat in Kentucky" and that's now kinda our theme rides-ride to eat, eat to ride. hehehe
Nowit gives us a direction to go in to see these outta the way places and we have the book signed by the Mom & Pop establishment, now I'll have to look up a neat place close and see if they are open on Sunday.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:39 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool,thanks for the pics,looks like a straight bolt on operation like factory. I'm still a little confused about the clamp issue but I've got a complete set of take offs so I can sort that out.

If you get a chance,make a day run up north to Ripley on the Ohio side of the river. Either cross the river at Cincy and take US52 or the AA towards Maysville and cross to Aberdeen just before you get to Maysville and back down to Ripley on 52. Eat lunch at Rockin Robins on the river front and have a refreshment at Snappers Bar.Get a map and ride some of the roads north of Ripley especially along Eagle Creek and wind your way back toward Georgetown in Brown County.It's like a miniTail of the Dragon.,Covered bridges,beautiful streams,winding hilly roads,some of the prettiest country you'll ever see.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 07-22-2007, 09:52 AM
harley_biker_barbie
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tommay,

We used the clamps because the bottom pipe didn't have much to hook to, and the bottom pipe would sag looked like it was going to fall off.
I'm writting down the trip your telling about to look it up on the map, thanks for the info, sounds cool!