Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few little changes

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 12:05 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Few little changes

Hey,Paul

Things are great in LA,got my boys for the summer and started up a new business so I'm pretty busy. Snuck out tonite for a little sixty mile ride just to relax a bit.

Chipstah posted that part number above for the h-lite mount.I think it was you that posted the part number for the risers that go up and back without changing the angle of the riser clamp. That is what I need so the angle of my tach mount doesn't change. I ordered a set and they were back ordered from J&P but I just got a shipping notice so they'll be here in a few days,will post pics. Damn thing are a little pricey,sure hope I like them.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 07-18-2007, 12:14 AM
Davesurf
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice Tommay, you created a very sweeeeet looking ride

I agree on the headlight being set to far back, looks damn good with that mounting bracket, Thanks for the part #

Old 07-18-2007, 12:21 AM
SCREAMING EAGLE
Banned

ORIGINAL: TOMMAY

Haven't posted much lately,took a few pics today and thought I'd share.

Harley heel rests. Took a while to get them adjusted just right but once adjusted they really are comfortable and look pretty decent too.

New headlite mount that moves the lite out a bit. Chrome allen bolt,cap and acorn nut from Ace Hdwe.Like the look and it sure makes it easier to get to the lower tree for cleaning.

EVERTHING LOOKS GREAT , WHERE DID YOU GET THAT SISSY BAR ? ARE THOSE HARLEY SIDE PLATES ? Thanks Rick

[IMG]local://upfiles/35788/0440213B80C84E9EB5B5788A17383D91.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-18-2007, 12:40 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: uweldit

Hi Tommay,

Great looking bike!

I've been searching all over for the headlight bezel that you have. Is this an HD part aftermarket?

Thanks!
Thanks, pretty sure that's a Harley part,got it off ebay though but I believe it's in the current catalog,don't have it handy,will try to look it up for you.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 07-18-2007, 12:46 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks,the sissy bar is from CycleVisions. The sideplate I bought used,believe it's a Harley part but not a current offering,think the new ones are solid without the opening. Like the old one better.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 07-18-2007, 10:39 AM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom ...

There's another post floating around here somewhere that indicates J&P incorrectly descibed that part ....IE it doesnt work on the '06-'07 SG's. However, for your application it should be just fine. I'm thinking about buying the Speedometer Mount / Top Clamp off a 1200CSportster .... not the risers, just the mount .....and mounting my instruments with it. If you look closely at it, it sets the Speedo inboard andup .... and puts it at the same angle as the risers.

PsTaN

Old 07-18-2007, 05:42 PM
harley_biker_barbie
Advanced

Hey Tommay,
I was wonderingis thata Wind Vest shield? Do youlike it?Does it help? If it's not could ya tell me what kind it is and give me all the info on yours. I've been thinking of adding one... I have one on my Sporty ( I love it), I would like one thats as invisable as possible... I'm just so tired of road dirt and bugs!

Thanks in advance;]

Ya bike looks great man!

Ride Safe!

Old 07-18-2007, 10:00 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member

Barbie

Yes, that is a WindVest and it works great for me. Knocks the main force of the wind off your chest and deflects bugs just fine,couldn't do without in here on the Gulf Coast. Best price and service I found was from Mark at Coolwindshields.com

I'm from Kentucky and grew up in the Ohio Valley so I make several runs each year up that way,always in one day so it does fine onlong high speed runs,also. I've ridden for hours at eighty five to ninety five with no problem. Did take me a little while to get it adjusted right and I recommend a tank lift to deflect some of the wind downward.

I posted a question on another thread about your pipes,found them on the Pauchco web site the other day,like'm a lot.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 07-20-2007, 03:10 PM
harley_biker_barbie
Advanced

ORIGINAL: TOMMAY

Barbie

Yes, that is a WindVest and it works great for me. Knocks the main force of the wind off your chest and deflects bugs just fine,couldn't do without in here on the Gulf Coast. Best price and service I found was from Mark at Coolwindshields.com

I'm from Kentucky and grew up in the Ohio Valley so I make several runs each year up that way,always in one day so it does fine onlong high speed runs,also. I've ridden for hours at eighty five to ninety five with no problem. Did take me a little while to get it adjusted right and I recommend a tank lift to deflect some of the wind downward.

I posted a question on another thread about your pipes,found them on the Pauchco web site the other day,like'm a lot.

Good Luck

Tom
Thanks so much for all the info, been wanting a shield, getting so tired of feeling like the wind is trying torip me off the bike. I'llhave to give the site a look & give them a call.I like the look of the WindVest unobtursive-
Don't know 'bout the tank lift though-

Thanks for the complement on thepipes. Iwas lookin' at fishtails but I thought they were in my opinion too softtailish ( is that a word?)
It'sgreat I love them people haven't ever seen them so I'm likin' that, I love having something people haven't ever seen. They sound good but not deafening give it atinny lower rumble but loud enough as long as my hubby isn't getting crazy with his D&D FatCat.

I will warn ya on the chrome finish- it doesn't seem to fair well- had a black spot on one of mine ( thought it was tar) and was trying get it off andnow it has a kinda haze on it- figure I'll have them and the heat shieldsceramic coated during the winter so I'm not that worried and ya know only I can see it but I see it hehehe.

Where in KY are ya'll from? had to say it that way- hehehe;]

Ride Safe!

Old 07-20-2007, 04:12 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member

Barbie

Thanks for the info on the pipes. Like the stripes too,looks good on the flat black,did the same thing on mine.

Born in Maysville,most of my folks are from Mason County or up in the hills around Morehead.

Good Luck

Tom

Quick Reply: Few little changes