Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My ‘new’ Dyna - ‘99 FXDX

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 02:28 AM
Richard Nordin
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, congrats on the bike! And the wife!
Got a fxdx 2000 myself, that I been looking for stock mids or further forward mids like the once you installed.
Were did you find yours?

Old 10-30-2019, 02:44 PM
jandrso
Intermediate
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome DX man and even more awesome spouse! Mine did the same thing with my hunt for my FXDL. I am also interested in the further forward bids and I am happy to buy the Air Cleaner cover once you get the Arlen Ness AC. Say the word. I've been looking for a clean wrinkle black one myself.

John

Old 10-30-2019, 02:49 PM
Richard Nordin
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jandrso
Awesome DX man and even more awesome spouse! Mine did the same thing with my hunt for my FXDL. I am also interested in the further forward bids and I am happy to buy the Air Cleaner cover once you get the Arlen Ness AC. Say the word. I've been looking for a clean wrinkle black one myself.

John
I have the original air cleaner cover laying around if you wanna buy that, sadly I am located in Sweden so might not be worth the hassel for it?

Old 10-30-2019, 03:19 PM
jandrso
Intermediate
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Nordin
I have the original air cleaner cover laying around if you wanna buy that, sadly I am located in Sweden so might not be worth the hassel for it?

Indeed you are correct on the international shipping hassle. Still, Awesome ride! Have fun getting it the way you want it.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:30 PM
Stev3
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love that color

Old 10-31-2019, 05:47 AM
R_Einan
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by jandrso

John
I’ll try and get a good picture of it tonight for you, the previous owner was not of great stature and it is a little worn from pant leg rubbing. If you want it anyway, it’s yours for the cost of shipping. I have too many Harley parts all over my shop as it is.

Old 10-31-2019, 10:04 PM
R_Einan
Road Master

here’s the pic I promised, PM me if you want to work something out

Old 11-02-2019, 11:25 PM
R_Einan
Road Master

Was going to rebuild the CV and put the new air cleaner on, but a buddy gave me a Mikuni 42 he had on a shelf on instead. New Pingle peacock, new fuel line, new throttle and idle cables and some spacers to get the Ness to line up and she is back together. Think I need to adjust the jetting a little because I’m getting a lot of popping on decel, but the throttle response is excellent. Waiting on some banjo bolts to come in and I’ll replumb the front brake system. Next up is tearing down the front end for powder coat and new bearings.

Old 12-28-2019, 12:04 PM
R_Einan
Road Master

Haven’t started tear down for powder coating yet, I’m still trying to figure out what to do with the front suspension. I really want an adjustable cartridge set up, but with the long 39mm front end it’s a limited market. Looks like Andreani and K-tech make cartridges that will work, but I can’t find much information regarding either.

I’m also trying to figure out what to do with the fork legs. I want to run a 110/80-19 up front and fender fitment becomes an issue. I’ve been looking at the Arlen Ness Pro Short fender, because it will accommodate up to a 120/70-21, with a adapter block but it looks a little off to me. I’m considering milling the fender mount bosses flush with let to snag a little extra room before I have the coated.

I’m also searching for a fork brace that accommodates fork boots. The couple of people I’ve found that make them are out of stock and have been for a while. Looked at Superbrace and SDC, but I’m not sure if the one piece is better than the two piece.

Old 12-28-2019, 01:45 PM
scoop_fraser
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I would suggest getting in touch with David at Fast Bike Industries. I had them install some Andreani cartridges in my 2"-longer-than-stock fork tubes on my 2000 FXD and I'm quite happy.

The following users liked this post:
R_Einan (12-29-2019)

Quick Reply: My ‘new’ Dyna - ‘99 FXDX