Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blinkers as Running lights only

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 02:37 PM
Custom Dynamics
Sponsor
Received 245 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by dtwaddell42
Yeah I don't mind doing a little wiring if I have to, but certainly easier if the custom dynamics module does what I need it to do. Again thanks for the help.
Our Triple Play will give you run, brake, and turn on your rear signals, and you can choose whether or not the brake strobe feature is enabled on the signals. However, run and turn only is not an option with our modules. If we can clarify anything further, just give us a call at 800-382-1388!

sales@customdynamics.com
https://www.customdynamics.com
http://blog.customdynamics.com

Review Custom Dynamics
Phone: 800-382-1388
Old 07-23-2019, 06:29 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 6,322 Likes on 3,178 Posts

I'm not sure who's R/B/T module I used but it wasn't a plug-n-play, it was a cut and tap, so I had the option of connecting runs and/or brakes.
Which is what I did being my 94 had turns only in the rear.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:48 AM
dtwaddell42
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer
I did it on a previous bike. Just change out the "guts" of the stock turn signals to 1157 sockets, and splice in or tap into the extra wire to the running circuit to the stock tail light running circuit. However, you probably want to do this only if the bulbs in the turn signals are also changed to LEDs, so they won't draw too much power on that running circuit, blowing the fuse. Not sure if CANBUS might affect your ability to do this, though. Also, you shouldn't need a load equalizer or changing the flasher module unless you change both front and rear signals to LED, and I've heard that if you bike is a '14 or newer, you don't need one anyway.
So how is it that any of these modules, either the one from Harley or any of the aftermarket R/B/T setups, work without changing out the sockets to 1157? While I am now pretty sure the only way for me to accomplish what I want is by doing something a little more custom like you're talking about I am confused as to how any of these plug and play setups actually do what they say they will. Seems like to get a running light feature at all you would need an 1157 bulb in there.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:16 AM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 871 Likes on 618 Posts

So how is it that any of these modules... work without changing out the sockets to 1157?
Easy. The module just drives the single filament bulb at a lower voltage to implement the driving light (about 7 volts.)

Old 07-24-2019, 09:59 AM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

So how is it that any of these modules, either the one from Harley or any of the aftermarket R/B/T setups, work without changing out the sockets to 1157? While I am now pretty sure the only way for me to accomplish what I want is by doing something a little more custom like you're talking about I am confused as to how any of these plug and play setups actually do what they say they will. Seems like to get a running light feature at all you would need an 1157 bulb in there.
I think the key is that those modules (Run/Turn/BRAKE) also do the brake in the turns. If you JUST want to add running lights in the turns, to get more light on the back end, but still have them ONLY be turns, and NOT work as brake lights, then just change out the sockets to 1157. It sounded to me that the OP wanted exactly that, just extra light on the back for running, and not have the turns also be brake lights. That's why I mentioned changing the sockets. I did it on a previous bike, and it got more light on the back, which was the whole reason to do it.

Alternatively, you could install an adapter like this (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Namz-Canbus...1/361474668069), or this (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Namz-Rear-F...1/122947344534) and simply add other running/brake lights to the back, or tie either of these into the 1157 socket in the turns.