Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lyndall Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:14 AM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lyndall Brake Pads

last nightinstalled Lyndall's Gold Pads on the bike and did the break in. Rode the bike to work this morning, and let me tell you... the bike stops! (thankfully).

Heck of a lot cheaper to install good pads than it is to go buy different calipers and such. The newer Dyna's already have four piston calipers, so getting a high quality pad makes a heck of a difference.

Something to think about when you are considering dropping hundreds of dollars to improve your brake system.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:15 AM
BentZero
Cruiser
Default RE: Lyndall Brake Pads

How easy or hard was the install?

Old 07-12-2007, 12:06 PM
SLORider
Road Captain

Agree that these are a great way to go for a brake upgrade.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:50 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: BentZero

How easy or hard was the install?
I had to read the service manual a couple times just to make sure I understood what the heck it was talking about with these pins. Its a bit different than a car pad replacement, thats for sure... but pretty easy all in all. Being my first time, I was a bit timid.

The rear set is a bit of a pain in the *** only because you need to push the pistons back while the caliper is on the rotor. Getting a tool in there and working the pad away from the disc is awkward (I think thats a better word than "hard"). It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the concern of marring the disc.
Eventually I was able to work the pad far enough that the new pad would fit in. Once you have that done, its pretty easy stuff. There are just a set of retainer pins that hold them in place.

I did have one complication though - Icould not get the pin to go back in once the new pad was in place. After dicking around with it for a fair amount of time, I finally pulled the pad and tried to push the pin through... it wouldn't go through.
They paint the pads a gold fleck color and just enough paint accumulated on the inside of the hole that the pin would not go through. I reamed it out nice and clean, and the pin went through.

The front pad was easy because you can tale the caliper off and pry the pads apart - which pushes the piston back. Caveat here is that brake fluid will spew when you push them back, make sure to remove fluid and it will still spew, just not as bad

I'd say it was pretty easy overall, just a bit awkward. Next time it will be a piece of cake because I know what to expect and understand the design of the caliper and pad better.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Heartpumper
Intermediate

Easy to install on my RK Custom. HD service maual was helpful. Changed rotors at the same time to solve front end brake squeal. Wrap a towel around the brake fluid reservoir to catch liquid spillage when you press the pistons back.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:06 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior

Wrap a towel around the brake fluid reservoir to catch liquid spillage when you press the pistons back.
where were you a week ago?