Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 Upgrades for 2007 Super Glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:56 AM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stage 1 Upgrades for 2007 Super Glide

Hello,

I have a 2007 Dyna Super Glide Custom that I bought in April 2007. It has 1,300 miles on it. I am looking to do a "Stage 1" upgrade, but am totally confused by the wide amount of pipes and fuel metering choices out there.

Can anyone provide me advice? I'm looking for a high performance air-cleaner, higher performing exhaust (regarding sound, if 1=stock and 10=open drag pipes, I'm looking for 7), and a fuel metering system. I am fairly handy with tools.

I live in central NJ and Harley Davidson of Edison, NJrecommends Vance & Hines "Big Shots Staggered", Screaming Eagle Air Cleaner Kit and Vance & Hines Fuel Pak (around $1,400 total). Liberty Harley Davidson in Rahway, NJ recommends Thunderheaders (UGLY!), Screaming Eagle Air Cleaner Kit and Screaming Eagle "Race Tuner" (5 hours labor for the Tuner at $80/hour). Total cost at Liberty Harley Davidson around $2,000.

Also, one final question: should I wait to do the upgrades until the bike is 24 months old and the warranty has expired? Do these types of upgrades void the manufacturer's warranty?

Help! and thanks -
Richard

Old 07-12-2007, 08:25 AM
skippee
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stage 1 Upgrades for 2007 Super Glide

Vance and Hines Exhaust are about the best out there (in my opinion) so any V+H exhaust is a great choice( all depending on personal likes as far as which style)
Stage 1 air intake really is a great upgrade as well ( Engines MOVE AIR and really are just big air pumps more air in = more air out)

As far as fuel management options there are several out there and depending on what you are planning in the future can dictate what options you should go with.

1-SERT- Screaming eagle race tuner(Harley Davidson made, usable for other engine mods)
1-V+H Fuel pak (V+H made, limited use with much besides exhaust mods)
1-Power Commander( piggy back system, usable with other engine mods)
1-Thundermax( replaces HD components, usable with other engine mods)

Those are in no (order) but are some options out there. I have the SERT and that is what I would recommendbut others may say recommend others so take it for what you will

Old 07-12-2007, 08:41 AM
SCREAMING EAGLE
Banned

ORIGINAL: rdondes

Hello,

I have a 2007 Dyna Super Glide Custom that I bought in April 2007. It has 1,300 miles on it. I am looking to do a "Stage 1" upgrade, but am totally confused by the wide amount of pipes and fuel metering choices out there.

Can anyone provide me advice? I'm looking for a high performance air-cleaner, higher performing exhaust (regarding sound, if 1=stock and 10=open drag pipes, I'm looking for 7), and a fuel metering system. I am fairly handy with tools.

I live in central NJ and Harley Davidson of Edison, NJrecommends Vance & Hines "Big Shots Staggered", Screaming Eagle Air Cleaner Kit and Vance & Hines Fuel Pak (around $1,400 total). Liberty Harley Davidson in Rahway, NJ recommends Thunder headers (UGLY!), Screaming Eagle Air Cleaner Kit and Screaming Eagle "Race Tuner" (5 hours labor for the Tuner at $80/hour). Total cost at Liberty Harley Davidson around $2,000.

Also, one final question: should I wait to do the upgrades until the bike is 24 months old and the warranty has expired? Do these types of upgrades void the manufacturer's warranty?

Help! and thanks -
Richard
Buy a chrome Thunder Header ( Rated # 1 for performance ) S.E.stage 1 kit , S.E.race turner , and bring back to the dealer for download andthe Dyno test to make sure the inside of the motor is running correctly , it does not take 5 hours on the Dyno , they are burning you !! max is at 2 hours the download and computer take care of the rest , stay away from that dealer , i hang at a dealer here in Ct and watch the techs with the dyno and it only takes them about 2 hours not even , and that's with a coffee break in between !! When done you should NOT hear any popping with any throttle response either giving fuel or letting off , and your motor should run alot cooler too !!

[IMG]local://upfiles/35788/B8E9161ACC8F4BA1AAB38D97628320C8.gif[/IMG]

Old 07-12-2007, 08:51 AM
SCREAMING EAGLE
Banned

[quote]ORIGINAL: SCREAMING EAGLE

ORIGINAL: rdondes

Hello,

I live in central NJ and Harley Davidson of Edison, NJrecommends Vance & Hines "Big Shots Staggered", Screaming Eagle Air Cleaner Kit and Vance & Hines Fuel Pak (around $1,400 total). Liberty Harley Davidson in Rahway, NJ recommends Thunder headers (UGLY!), Screaming Eagle Air Cleaner Kit and Screaming Eagle "Race Tuner" (5 hours labor for the Tuner at $80/hour). Total cost at Liberty Harley Davidson around $2,000.

Help! and thanks -
Richard
see message above

Old 07-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I would go with the Big Shot Staggered and the quiet baffles. Not too loud that my neighbors are complaining. I went with the Ness Big Sucker instead of the SE A/C. Will put that on once I get the SERT installed. OH BTW I only have 500 miles on my 07 so far....

Old 07-12-2007, 09:10 AM
rdondes
Road Warrior

Thanks for the info Rick. I have seen the chrome Thunderheader on a Super Glide and while I know it's top rated for performance, I thinkthat the rear part of the exhaust (past the collector) istotally ugly. 2-1 exhausts give the best performance and I think everyone can agree on that. Are there any other choices in 2-1 exhaust systems that have betterlines than the Thunderheader?

Regarding the Screaming Eagle Race Tuner,I'll have to find another shop.

Regards,
Richard

Old 07-12-2007, 09:13 AM
rdondes
Road Warrior

Thanks for the info. Did you do the exhaust system install and SERT install/config yourself or did the dealer/shop do it?

Also, I see you have forward controls (I don't). Did you have the dealer to that or did you do it yourself? How much should it cost?

Regards,
Richard

Old 07-12-2007, 09:17 AM
rdondes
Road Warrior

Thanks. Did you install the BigShot Staggereds yourself? How did that go? Will you have the dealer install and configure the SERT or will you do it?

One issue is that I can get parts for a LOT cheaper than the dealer can. And of course, the dealer will not want to install parts they did not supply (as they get no markup).

Regards,
Richard

Old 07-12-2007, 10:45 AM
uweldit
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

I just had a Stage 1 upgrade that the dealer installed on my 2007 FXDC:

+High Flow air kit - 139.95 (HD PN 29440-99D)
+FI 2000 controller - 269.95
+V&H Big Shots - 684.95

w/labor came out to 1268.60

Bike runs great and has more power.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I did it myself and pretty easy if you take your time.Once I have the cables for the SERT I will be doing that as well. I will end up getting it Dyno'ed after I complete the break in period. Right now it is runing good wit very little popping on decel, I have to try to make it pop. Unless it is like 100 degrees out...

Quick Reply: Stage 1 Upgrades for 2007 Super Glide