Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust stud removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019 | 01:27 AM
610Low
Tourer

Originally Posted by F86
One of my front studs recently came off with the nut too... I removed the nut, cleaned up the stud, and double nutted it to replace. I understand your desire to replace them. I kick myself regularly for not doing so a couple of years ago when my heads were off. That was dumb! But they clean up pretty well without much work... Spray something like a good penetrating oil on them and brush them. You can even use a little bit of exhaust-rated anti-seize if you like. Definitely replace the nuts. If you really want to replace them, you can try a bunch of things... Really soak them with penetrating oil, tap with hammer, let sit for a bit... Inflict heat... However you prefer. Then double nut and see if they budge... I tried... As soon as I felt like it may not end well, I gave up! I REALLY don't want to be extracting broken studs on an otherwise rideable bike...

But you may luck out! I still think about it sometimes, but I always force myself to think of the downside too. Then I stop thinking about it.

Welcome to the forum!

Off topic but where in the burbs are you from? I share a back yard to Mascaros recycling center.