Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

highway peg question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:01 AM
designknd
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default highway peg question...

I am 5'6", and own a 2007 street bob. I purchased and mounted HD highway pegs, and wish that they sat an inch closer to me. Does anyone know of highway pegs that sit a bit closer to the rider? Has anyone used the adjustable highway pegs, would those brackets solve my problem?

It's funny, I am tall enough that the mid controls tire my legs out after a long ride, and short enough that the highway pegs are too much of a stretch.

If anyone could help I would appreciate any info you got.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:14 AM
Limey
Tourer
Default RE: highway peg question...

I'm 5'11" and have the adjustable pegs on my Bob. I have them set in the nearer position which is fine for me. I haven't tried the further away position because it also lowers the pegs which would make my heels hit the brake and gear lever, I can alerady nudge the brake and gear levers with my heels if I'm not careful which isn't ideal. What I did was buy 4 spacers and longer bolts/locating studs which moves the pegs out 1 1/4" sideways which gives me more clearance around the gear and brake lever.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:29 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed the Harley forwards on my Super Glide after using highway pegs and mids. I noticed the forwards were a much shorter reach than the pegs. Maybe sit on a Wide Glide at the dealership and see if the forwards are an option.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:39 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

Make sure you have the brackets turned the right way. There's been several posts about this and it turned out the person installed the backets backwards (wrong side) which makes them stick out way to far.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:10 PM
designknd
Road Captain

Limey- I think that is probably what I will do, someone wrote on another post to check Kuryakyn offsets, if they don't have anything that will work I will be trying to return my regular mounts to get the adjustable ones, thanks for the advice.

jmpancoast- always love sitting on new bikes, gonna try that this weekend, thanks!

blaster- when installing I noticed the difference of angle so I did place them on at it's closest position to me, but the pads of my feet are barely resting on the pegs, I am sure if I could get one more inch closer to me it would work fine. thanks!

thanks for all the info, hopefully I will be able to solve my problem this weekend, thanks again!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Limey
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Blaster

Make sure you have the brackets turned the right way. There's been several posts about this and it turned out the person installed the backets backwards (wrong side) which makes them stick out way to far.
Hmmm, I've got them curving upwards which I think is right. Can anyone confirm this?

Old 07-11-2007, 01:10 PM
dirico1266
Tourer

I am 5,6 but with my boots I fit on there pretty well. I got the harley stock highway kit. I guess 1 inch closer would be ok for me too but I really like to strech out. I feel like I am on a chopper. LOL

Old 07-11-2007, 01:19 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kuryakyn makes offsets to bring forward, backward, down and up. This is just one. They make others.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:23 PM
designknd
Road Captain

az rider, it looks like that would work, nice. I wonder if that would look weird though, having a whole lot of bends?
Gonna look into that, thanks!

Old 07-11-2007, 02:14 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

ORIGINAL: Limey

ORIGINAL: Blaster

Hmmm, I've got them curving upwards which I think is right. Can anyone confirm this?
Easy to do. Place a straight edge on top of the two bolts that hold the brackets ons. Make sure the straight edge goesacross the centre of the bolt. Now note whether the bracket is leaning forward or backwards of the straight edge. If the bracket is forward of the straight edge, changing them to the opposite side of the bike will bring the foot pegs closer to you.

Quick Reply: highway peg question...