Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Noob, photos & introduction.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:16 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD Noob, photos & introduction.

great looking dyna !!! greets from stormy ohio .

Old 07-10-2007, 09:27 PM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on the new bike!! ... and welcome to the party here!!

As suggested, ride it around 3000 miles and you'll know what you want to do to make it your personal machine.

PsTaN

Old 07-10-2007, 09:41 PM
specks
Advanced

Wellcome from another over 55 rider in the coastal plains of North Carolina.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Dr_J
Cruiser

Welcome...from VA now...transplant from CO...but whatevah

Ride fast and take chances...or was it....ah hell...just have fun!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:25 PM
winnhog
Intermediate

Welcome from another fellow "noob" from the north country. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm a younger "noob" ya got 7 years on me.

These guys have been great on my stupid questions. I've got plenty but I figureI should wait for the manual.

Good luck,

Ron

Old 07-11-2007, 06:39 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

Welcome aboard OlDrifter - never too late for a Harley! And a correction - that's 57 years YOUNG!! I'm 60 and on my 2nd Harley after 20+ years away - swear to god my Bobstah took 20 years off - LOL!

First "accessory" - go get a Service Manual, then just try to ride it as much as possible before making changes - bet you don't get more than a few hundred miles before the "gotta have a ...." bug bites real hard! Check out other forum member's rides, ask questions, search the threads - tons of good people with great ideas here to help ya! ENJOY!

Chip

Old 07-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Cabo
Road Captain

Very nice. Your gonna love it. Get out the wallet.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:53 AM
Luther OBanion
Cruiser

Welocme aboard. I am 60 and just started back last year after kids grown so that I could have my toy back. Great looking bike. Like the others said, ride for a while ands see what other product are out there. Check out all the web sites you can and go by the dealers and look at otherbikes.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:32 AM
MovedtoSyracuse
Tourer

ORIGINAL: OlDrifter

I'm 57 years OLD and just started riding on the street last year. I bought a Kaw 800cc Drifter (1940 Indian repro) to learn on, took MSF course, etc. Sold it and bought a touring rocket: Honda ST1300ABS... 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, 0-100 in 8 seconds and 156mph top end. Scared myself silly on it a few times while tasting both touring and a bit of sport-bike style performance.

FINALLY (better later than never, right?) decided I'm an HD guy at heart and so today, I stopped by the local Harley crack-house and rode home on an '07 Low Rider. Comfortable, reasonable performance and relatively affordable at $14,400 out the door. (In Missouri we pay sales tax at the license bureau.) I was thinking about ordering an '08 2-tone but for $1900-$2000 savings, I took home the plainest black FXDL in the store.

I'm interested in hearing suggestions for seat & seatback & exhaust for every day plus windshield and soft bags for road trips.

In the meantime, it's nice to get off that sewing-machine smooth V4 Honda and back onto something that rattles and vibrates!

Here's a couple of photos (I HOPE!), because as everyone knows a thread's no good without photos- even if it's a box-stock Vivid Black FXDL just like 50,000 other ones. The only difference is- this one's MINE! :-)

Steve

[IMG]local://upfiles/36988/14BF4621B4074FED9A54CEFEA2128FEE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/36988/CFF0AB8528B54282BEF6130B2A791C4A.jpg[/IMG]
Ride it for a while without changing the pipes. Spend that time doing some research on here....not just product research but also looking at what different pipes look like on other people's bikes. You'll find that when you do decide on pipes, you're probably going to want to do the full stage 1....pipes, air cleaner, and fuel injection tuning.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:07 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

Welcome to the forum!
Become familiar with the search button at the top of the forum. I use it all the time and saves me time in posting something when someone already has. Lots of topics on saddlebags, windshields, exhausts, etc.

Enjoy the new ride.[sm=biker.gif]

Quick Reply: HD Noob, photos & introduction.