Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 FXDC drag bar or T bar set up

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 03:12 PM
Hughsey
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 FXDC drag bar or T bar set up

Hi all .... I’ve just purchased a 2007 super glide completely standard.... I hate the look of the standard bars I like the look of the drag bar or t bar set up.
i need some advise on the set up, I’m 6ft so I need help on riser heights, bar length and other things I need to consider while doing these mods.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:36 PM
YellowHawk
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a 2006 FXDI and my bars looked pretty much the same. I put 6" risers and Nighttrain drag bars on mine. I like it much better but I'm 6'0 tall and I don't feel like they are tall enough. I'm thinking about going to 12" or 14" T bars. My shoulders hurt after awhile of riding and I think it's due to my arm position. It was suggested to me on the forum here to have a friend help, sit on the bike close your eyes and put your hands up to what feels like the correct, comfortable position and have someone measure. Or, if you have a buddy that will let you try theirs. I haven't done this yet but that's kind of where I plan on starting.

Last edited by YellowHawk; 05-02-2019 at 08:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Hughsey (05-03-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 06:19 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,498 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Don't be focused so much on "the look" focus on the most comfortable riding position for you.
My neighbor just bought a bike that was lowered front and rear and has 16" ape hangars, He bought it because he thought it looked cool.
The problem is....It handles like **** and the bars are too high for him and he hates it.
I fixed his suspension last week and raised the bike up so he can go around a corner without dragging his pipes and pegs.
I am now in the process of removing the 16" apes and installing 14" T-bars, I let him ride mine and he loved the riding position and the way it corners.
Try a few different bikes with different handlebars and get what works as opposed to what you think looks cool, You'll be much happier in the end.

Most guys will let you sit on their bike if you explain to them that you're thinking about getting the style of bars they have and, you just want to see how they feel to you...That has been my experience anyway.

Old 05-03-2019, 01:17 PM
Hughsey
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers lads I will post my progress in the next couple of weeks thanks for your input.