Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob Tail Light Options

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 08:09 AM
Protocol
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Street Bob Tail Light Options

I am about to install some Viking bags and relocate my turn signals which got me to wondering. What options are there to just remove the stalks all together and install an integrated run/stop/turn tail light? I looked into the Moons but it seems that I have the wrong style stock tail light for this. Also, I would need something to hold my license plate since it is currently built into the stock tail light. Thanks for any ideas.

Current stock set up:

Old 03-30-2019, 12:03 PM
FTW.
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

https://fortnine.ca/en/custom-dynami...bnfD_BwE#76=21

This would be the easiest and cleanest option.

Old 03-30-2019, 12:21 PM
FTW.
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Might have to drill some holes, but I did a very similar addition to my 13 street bob (laydown license plate) and just put a touch of clear coat on the holes to protect from the elements.

Old 04-01-2019, 05:51 AM
Protocol
Cruiser

Thanks, that's a good option. Nice and clean, simple. I just read something about having to have the dealer reprogram the turn signals from doubling as brake lights when doing this type of conversion. Definitely going to have to look into this some more. Thanks for the idea!

Old 04-01-2019, 09:31 AM
M Johansen
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default vikingbags

I just purchased the side pocket bags with cutout for my 2015 street bob which turned out to be way nicer than I expected. The vikingbags relocation kit on the other hand does not fit at all. It's too big to slide into the stock rear fender. I contacted them about it and they acted like this had never happened before and that I probably have an aftermarket fender which I most certainly do not. I sent it back and am still waiting on the response. My suggestion for the street bob is to find a different relocation kit or fab something up yourself using some ebay tailight/brake light combo. Figured I would chime in and save you some headache. I attached pics of it "not fitting".

Old 04-01-2019, 10:05 AM
Protocol
Cruiser

Wow! Yeah, that thing definitely doesn't fit. Luckily I think I will only need to move my turn signal stalks with their bracket. My license plate is good where it is for the moment on the stock tail light. Hopefully you get that sorted out. Best of luck!

Old 04-01-2019, 02:59 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts

That is why I’ll never do business with Viking bags again. It looks like they just made a rip-off version of the great bike gear kit. Usually when someone has a negative post about their product they post a bunch of bs about how they’re a growing company and trying their best and blah blah blah.

OP, I know it isn’t what you were asking about, but if you haven’t considered the great bike gear kit I’d definitely suggest it. I found it to be low cost, high quality, and really liked being able to maintain the stock light appearance/position.

Old 04-02-2019, 05:39 AM
Protocol
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Nickd2689
That is why I’ll never do business with Viking bags again. It looks like they just made a rip-off version of the great bike gear kit. Usually when someone has a negative post about their product they post a bunch of bs about how they’re a growing company and trying their best and blah blah blah.

OP, I know it isn’t what you were asking about, but if you haven’t considered the great bike gear kit I’d definitely suggest it. I found it to be low cost, high quality, and really liked being able to maintain the stock light appearance/position.

Thanks, I don't think I will be using the same bracket above that doesn't fit. I checked out Great Bike Gear though, they have some pretty nice looking hand guards. Good tip, thanks.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:41 AM
Sambo62
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Plus 1 on the Great Bike Gear setup...

Old 04-02-2019, 07:49 PM
Protocol
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sambo62
Plus 1 on the Great Bike Gear setup...

I like this set up. Are the turn signal stalks the only brake light or is there one built into the license plate frame?

Quick Reply: Street Bob Tail Light Options