Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about buying a Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007 | 11:04 AM
madden23
Road Master
Default RE: Thinking about buying a Street Bob

Any Dyna would be a great choice for what you want it for. I put bags and tour pak on my FXD and detachable windshield since I commute on it everyday. That way I can stop for groceries or such on the way home and have room for gear for weather changes. All comes off in 5 min. if you want on the week end. Bought mine for 15k+ out the door and put another 3k into it, now perfect bike for me. Peace.

Old 07-02-2007 | 01:49 PM
SSGBobber
Cruiser

Ive only had my St Bob for a few weeks, but i simply love it. I plan on riding mine to work also (70 Miles round trip). As for the around town and short trips it is great. Out of the few weeks ive had it ive been on 2 trips. One was the day i bought it, 275 miles, only thing i would change about the trip is a windshield. Rice fields in June in Arkansas means alot of bugs at sundown. Other than the bugs it was a great ride. Second ride was only 220 miles on open highways with 65-70 mph speed limits. Bob was great, only thing i did wrong was helmet choice, dont ever go on a long ride w/o trying out a helmet. Wind noise sux with some.

Well after all that, i say test drive one, try it out. I can almost guarantee your gonna love it!!!

Old 07-02-2007 | 01:56 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SSGBobber

Ive only had my St Bob for a few weeks, but i simply love it. I plan on riding mine to work also (70 Miles round trip). As for the around town and short trips it is great. Out of the few weeks ive had it ive been on 2 trips. One was the day i bought it, 275 miles, only thing i would change about the trip is a windshield. Rice fields in June in Arkansas means alot of bugs at sundown. Other than the bugs it was a great ride. Second ride was only 220 miles on open highways with 65-70 mph speed limits. Bob was great, only thing i did wrong was helmet choice, dont ever go on a long ride w/o trying out a helmet. Wind noise sux with some.

Well after all that, i say test drive one, try it out. I can almost guarantee your gonna love it!!!

yep.always wear earplugs anymore. sooooooooo much better.

Old 07-02-2007 | 02:13 PM
cadman311
Club Member

Do a test ride before buying your and make sure it with you want. If your want a bagger they have others bikes. I love my lowrider for the city rides. On the highway rides I would like the ride glide. Dyna are great around town bikes.

Old 07-03-2007 | 07:05 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member

I love my bob, but stock I don't consider it great for commuting. I think saddle bags make a good commuter bike.
Bingo, being used to bikes with a back seat I thought it would be OK to strap a few things to the back fender.After ruining my paint week one I got saddle bags.Which continued to ruin my paint until I got easy brackets.If I had it all to do over again I would have got something with a back seat.

Old 07-03-2007 | 11:50 AM
JollyRogers
Road Master

I use the Bob for commuting once in a while... 70 miles round trip and day trips occasionally. I also have an 07Road King. I have twice the miles on the King since I got itvice the 06 Bob. That speaks volumes. I love the Bob, but for commuting it is not what I consider the best choice. If you add bags, and a windshield it would make a huge difference and make a great commuter IMO, then strip it down for just puttin'... I like to keep my Bob minimal cause I love the "look"... rode it today though with a luggage rack and a roll bag attached.

Old 07-03-2007 | 12:04 PM
ctsbob
Tourer

Great for commuting!..well you might need a new- not stock seat-! Try a saddleroll for storage. I have 06 bob that i use also for getting back and forth to work. I have a kuryakyn custom saddleroll on the mini apes thats hold alot. Also have the kury saddlebags on order and will be posting pics and thoughts later this week, so if you get a bob( which i highly suggest), check this forum. ps don't get the cobalt blue...don't want to have to many of us out there!!!

Old 07-10-2007 | 03:49 AM
BerksBOB
Advanced

Go for it, you wont be dissapointed! I ride my 06 St Bob to work and have taken it on a 250 mile journey and wasn't uncomfotable at all. I have replaced the stock seat thought with a Corbin, big difference, something to think about. Good luck!

Old 07-10-2007 | 04:02 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member

My son just bought one.. It is a great bike!!!

Old 07-10-2007 | 09:20 AM
BurgerTx
Cruiser

That's an easy trip for this bike. Seems like everytime I get on my it's for at least 50 miles and I live 3 miles from home.

Last night I took it out on a few country roads for an evening ride with a few friends.

You'll love the bike. Trust me.

Burg