Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shinko 777 White Walls (Blems?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018 | 07:40 AM
crusader1xxx
Road Master

Limited choices when it comes to white walls, Shinko is made by Yokohama, it’s their motorcycle brand so really not a unknown company and I have heard both sides about Shinko but never heard that they were bad only that they didn’t last that long.

Did you buy this through the internet or from a store?

This is why it’s good to buy local so you can see the tires before buying, check date codes etc.

i would not accept these ....

Old 10-12-2018 | 03:57 PM
jdaulton3
Intermediate

I worked for Michelin for 12 years; we stopped dealing with blems around 2004. Anything that was a blem became scrap.

The whitewalls look rough, but typically a defect like that is purely cosmetic. Somebody had no clue on how to set up a sidewall grinder.

Most of your major manufacturers (at least for cars/trucks - Michelin, Goodyear, and Bridgestone) have significant manufacturing operations in Mexico, Brazil, China and Thailand now. Your high end tires will probably still be made in the US, Canada, Japan or France, but your cheaper ones are probably made elsewhere.

Old 10-12-2018 | 03:58 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

Interesting.

I was really surprised that my Yokohama (S-Drive) car tires are made here in the USA.

Old 10-12-2018 | 04:05 PM
jdaulton3
Intermediate

That is a bit of a surprise - I bet they are made in the south - South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee or Alabama. They are pretty friendly with the tax abatements there, so there's a lot of tire factories down there. I always figured South Carolina tried to do it to offset the jobs lost by the textile industry. Mercedes and BMW took advantage too.

Old 10-13-2018 | 08:49 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bob_fxdb
A lot of stunters swear to shinkos and what Ive heard, they only have good to say about them. If theyre ridden that hard on shinkos, thats a quality control in my eyes.
They only have to last a 10 minute show, then are purposely "blown" at the finale. While they may be abused during that 10 minutes, it's only 10 minutes. Not a very good value, in my eyes...

Old 10-13-2018 | 09:15 AM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain

Haha yeah, for that price I dont care about the milage that much. Where i live, we dont have a lot of straight highways like in the US. It fits my style of riding and I dont do burnouts for 10 minutes. I can do wheelies regardless tire pressure and it grips hard. I think its a confidence inspiring tires, especially on the curves. If it doesnt give you that feeling, then its not for you. In my eyes, and others as well, its a good tire. I dont care if its american made or not, i dont think that has something to do with the quality. Luckily everybody are different, or else we dont have such a variety of tires, parts, brand and women

Old 10-14-2018 | 03:14 PM
AJ88V
Road Master

Had a Shinko rear on my Busa. Didn't last long, like that's a surprise. LOL!!!

Never considered whitewalls on my Dyna, but they look absolutely spectacular on your green Dyna. Classic look. Gorgeous bike.

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
Time to replace my old tires, so I ordered my second set of Shinko 777's photos below. I'm guessing tire manufacturers do not sell discounted blemished tires anymore and just put them in their regular inventory. Anyone else seeing this on their Shinko White Walls?