Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A fat boy on a Fat Boy

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,536 Likes on 2,144 Posts

Originally Posted by crusader1xxx
is that the mileage on the bike 6? better get out and ride that thing....get it broken in.....
Thats not my gauge. That’s an example of the digital gauge on the Street Bob that I was saying in my post that I wanted to try and figure out if it would work on mine.

My odometer has another 198 miles on it. Not really that much better though lol. Three days of ownership and a day and a half of rain...

Old 09-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 429 Likes on 259 Posts

Let's see a pick of the LRS that you let go, then we'll decide.

Old 09-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Road Star
Let's see a pick of the LRS that you let go, then we'll decide.
What is it for you to decide?

Old 09-08-2018, 07:00 PM
et998
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

If this is your first Softail, you picked the right time to buy one and congrats. On the other hand, welcome to the I should have never sold/ traded my HD xxx ...

Keep the FXR, at least don't make the mistake I made and traded for a bagger in 1999.

Last edited by et998; 09-08-2018 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:13 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by et998
If this is your first Softail, you picked the right time to buy one and congrats. On the other hand, welcome to the I should have never sold/ traded my HD xxx ...

Keep the FXR, at least don't make the mistake I made and traded for a bagger in 1999.
I’ve only put a couple hundred miles on it, and even with the miserable stock seat and handlebars (waiting on parts) I have no regrets whatsoever. Even still during the break in period this motor has some serious power.

And that FXR is never going anywhere except on the road under my ***...I’ve wanted one for years and now I got the perfect example.

Old 09-09-2018, 01:56 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Mchad, that is a beautiful bike! Hard to imagine that it's only 30lbs heavier than the Dyna, wow! I'm starting to look around again. I was originally thinking since I liked to work on the last one so much that I'd get something in the 2009+ range and have a party but with the oppressive heat where I am and the fact that the garage is just not pleasant to work in during the summer (when I wouldn't be riding since every day is 115 degrees plus), I'm starting to think that perhaps I should get one that I would leave as is for a while. Gosh help me, but I'm even looking at the BMW r1200rt.

Congrats, that thing is gorgeous, hopefully a new bear won't deter...

The following users liked this post:
Mchad (09-09-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 01:58 PM
carguy1959
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

The local dealer was offering full purchase price on trade in. I have a 17 FXDL paid $14995. That’s the bike I would get if trading.
Sweet looking bike...

Old 09-09-2018, 03:46 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 741 Likes on 410 Posts

I also think the new Fat Boys are the best looking of the new Softails. Still recognizable as a Fat Boy, but a big evolution from the old version.

I'm also digging the riser mounted gauges on the new Street Bob. The tank on that model looks a little funky to me, but the clean top with no gauges, paired with the hidden gauges on the riser is very cool. I'm sure someone will retrofit that to a different model eventually.

Old 09-09-2018, 04:02 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by robbyville
Mchad, that is a beautiful bike! Hard to imagine that it's only 30lbs heavier than the Dyna, wow! I'm starting to look around again. I was originally thinking since I liked to work on the last one so much that I'd get something in the 2009+ range and have a party but with the oppressive heat where I am and the fact that the garage is just not pleasant to work in during the summer (when I wouldn't be riding since every day is 115 degrees plus), I'm starting to think that perhaps I should get one that I would leave as is for a while. Gosh help me, but I'm even looking at the BMW r1200rt.

Congrats, that thing is gorgeous, hopefully a new bear won't deter...
The dead bear should be on it on Wednesday. Though from what I’ve seen the new design isn’t as hideous as the past models lol. My dealer ordered one in and said I could use it as a try and buy deal, so if I don’t like it in a day or two he’ll refund me.

Originally Posted by Reindeer
I also think the new Fat Boys are the best looking of the new Softails. Still recognizable as a Fat Boy, but a big evolution from the old version.

I'm also digging the riser mounted gauges on the new Street Bob. The tank on that model looks a little funky to me, but the clean top with no gauges, paired with the hidden gauges on the riser is very cool. I'm sure someone will retrofit that to a different model eventually.
Maybe I’ll be the first. When I go to my dealer on Wed to pick up my seat and pipes, I’ll be ordering a gauge. First thing to do is to plug it in and make sure it works, then I’ll order the top clamp/mount. Unfortunately it looks like only bung king makes tall risers to for the gauge, and it’s limited to the street bob style offset top clamp. I think I like the breakout version better - square vs. offset, but I can’t find risers to match. So I’ll probably end up with the bob version and just have it chromed.

This is the breakout verison:

Chrome, and in-line bolts vs. offset like the bob version.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:45 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,310 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
The dead bear should be on it on Wednesday.

The following users liked this post:
Mchad (09-09-2018)

Quick Reply: A fat boy on a Fat Boy