Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A fat boy on a Fat Boy

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 12:23 PM
Jonesy82
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! Like others have said, I dig the Fat Boy after the re-do last year. In the end, it doesn't matter what anyone other than you like. Cheers to you!

Old 09-07-2018, 12:42 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Congratulations! I'll be interested in hearing your opinions after you pile on some miles and mods.

Old 09-07-2018, 01:54 PM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Noooooooooooooooii! I can't believe you sold the LRS!!!! I just died inside a little

The following users liked this post:
Vec (09-09-2018)
Old 09-07-2018, 02:16 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 248 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
I was at my dealer the other day drooling over the new Fat Boy (always was the only Softail I liked).

Of all the new bikes the Fat Boy was also the only one I liked, first one I saw in person below. Congratulations on the new ride.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:36 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,310 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Hmm ... didn't see that comin'

But NOT nearly as much as not seeing TinCup's Trike comin'

I like the look of those New Fat Boys

Old 09-07-2018, 06:06 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,536 Likes on 2,144 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
Hmm ... didn't see that comin'

But NOT nearly as much as not seeing TinCup's Trike comin'

I like the look of those New Fat Boys

Just wait till I get a Tall Boy seat on it! The “dead bear” shall return!

Old 09-07-2018, 06:35 PM
crusader1xxx
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 194 Posts

I test road one last yr, really liked it....just couldn’t afford it ....congratulations it’s a beautiful bike

Old 09-07-2018, 07:08 PM
freebaggin
Tourer
Received 111 Likes on 60 Posts

Congrats!

When the new SoftGlides were born that was my favorite model and I couldn't wait to get to a dealer to check it out but once I sat on it, I am 6'2" 260 and ride a SB with forwards so it just felt too small for me, I couldn't stretch out and felt cramped on it. Sweet bike tho, I love the way that bike sits and looks enjoy it!

Old 09-07-2018, 08:12 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,536 Likes on 2,144 Posts

Originally Posted by freebaggin
Congrats!

When the new SoftGlides were born that was my favorite model and I couldn't wait to get to a dealer to check it out but once I sat on it, I am 6'2" 260 and ride a SB with forwards so it just felt too small for me, I couldn't stretch out and felt cramped on it. Sweet bike tho, I love the way that bike sits and looks enjoy it!
Yep, we’re similar dimensions, though I have a bit more ballast. I go through the same fitment issues worth every bike. This one has me (just like the rest) a bit too close to the tank. A new HD Tallboy seat designed specifically for this and the breakout is on the way, and should do the trick. Plus the new style doesn’t look like the traditional “dead bear” that Cvaria coined about three years ago.

That and some tall bars and it’ll be there. I got a plan in my head. I really like the digital gauge set on the riser clamp on the new Street Bob and Breakout’s. Looking at the parts fiche, they use the same 4 conductor canbus connectors, and the breakout is basically identicla to the Fatboy except for the front end, so I *believe* it would work. I’m going to get a 8 or 10” riser and a drag bar, which’ll give me my preferred T-bar style hand position and have the full gauge data right in my field of view. No more looking down at the tank.

Its a ~$200 gamble (the cost of the gauge) but if it works it’ll be a big deal for me. This is what the console looks like:

The odometer portion can be rotated to tach, trip and time. I’ll get the top clamp chromed and it should be perfect. The stock gauge will just stay where it is, dark, unless I find a cool blank or cup holder or something lol.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:27 AM
crusader1xxx
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 194 Posts

is that the mileage on the bike 6? better get out and ride that thing....get it broken in.....

Quick Reply: A fat boy on a Fat Boy