Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you ever run from the cops?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 05:44 PM
freebyrd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default you ever run from the cops?

i'm sure the statute of limitations has long since passed on this and i can talk about it, i am in my forties and this happened waaaaaaaaaay back when in my late teens or early twenties and had more guts that brains,

and as they say to be old and wise first you have to be young and stupid,

anyways i was out riding a kawasaki 350 enduro big horn one night,i live in central california and it was late fall and there was a light fog settling in,
i was traveling east on one of the main streets here in town hauling *** and i made a lane change while riding the centerline between two cars,
a local police officer was going westbound and saw my little stunt i looked in the rearview and he flipped on the lights and made a u turn to get me,
so being a dumbass with no license i cranked the throttle and ran a light with him about a quarter mile behind me, so now he's got the sirens blaring and the crown vic engine roaring trying to keep up with me,
so i decided to cut through a residential area and get off the main drag, he was still to far to read my plate so i had an advantage there
after turning of the street i went off road through a big dirt field he had to stay on the pavement and take the long way around to try and head me off at the pass,
i opened it wide up and stood on the footpegs and rode the bumps until i reached an apartment complex on the other side it was one of those big two or three hundred unit places, so i rode right up the sidewalk and into the complex, the last i saw of him was him turning into the parking lot to try and estimate where i was going to come out,

long story short he guessed wrong i guessed right and got away,
i would like to apologize to that officer and i would kill my kid if he ever did anything so stupid, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time,
anyone else like to get something off their chest[8D]

Old 06-28-2007, 06:29 PM
ny06fxdb
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: you ever run from the cops?

We all do dumb stuff in our youth. I ran from a number of cops wile riding dirtbikes on the street.(never got caught).Now I am the Cop and I don't chase bikes to dangerous for all involved. Any way I don't like harrassing bikers. I am a 3rd generation biker.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:35 PM
tbone52
Road Warrior

I think so. It was a long time ago and I was drunk so I don't remember the details.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:46 PM
shoptroll
Banned

The only time I ever ditched a cop was by goingaround half the ramps in a cloverleaf in my car about 20 years ago. In4 years on the bike it's been like I'm invisible to the law. I don't speed in town cause I'm to busykeepin' one eye outfor blind, cell phone yackin' cagers and the other for strollin' honeys. When I'm on the back roads there's not a cop to be found and when I'm on the highway I wisely pick my spots. I really think they let the cruiser types alone. Unless it's a sobriety checkpoint. Besides, there's plenty of goofy-*** wheelie ridin' kids on crotch rockets to worry about.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:52 PM
LeadSlinger0311
Tourer

yes I have only one time , but at least i had a smart cop he did not give chase . Like others it was a dirt bike . never did it again .

Old 06-28-2007, 06:56 PM
matkiwi
Road Master

Just once on a 100cc Honda ... up the white line in the middle of a busy two lane road at 75mph (I was a few lbs lighter then !) ... I sold the bike I was so scared of him catching up with me ... never again.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:43 PM
RAPTORAZ
Advanced

Ive ran from the Police approximately about a dozen times in my life.All in my younger years and always in cars. Back in those days, we used to build our cars to drag race and turn corners. People say you can't out-run the radio, but that's not entirely accurate.If they don't have back-up close by, then that is not the case. A Crown Vic is no match for a nitrous powered Mustang. We'd lose them in the neighborhoods. As long as you could lose them quickly, you got away. I have been caught twice however. Once I got trapped in a parking lot.the second timeI was pulled over later after ditching the same cop. The first time, I didn't get a chance to run. But I was polite to the officer and he let me go. The second time, the cop couldn't be positive it was me, and I of course I denied it, and hehad to let me go. As he never got close enough to read my plates. Not the brightest things I've ever done, but some of the most fun.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:11 PM
freebyrd
Road Master

interesting response's thanks for not slamming me for being stupid

Old 06-28-2007, 09:21 PM
hounddog
Tourer

ya i've run but never in a car. always the 4-wheeler and dirt bikes. i have however on the dyna been gettin the heavy elbow and was going at a good clip when i saw a castoppo flip a bit*h and head for me. but my elbow got even heavier and he never caught up or at least didnt give much chase. kinda stupid but i was in the moment!!! lol this was just a few months ago but im 25 so im wizer yes but not old yet so not wise enuf apperantly [8D]

Old 06-28-2007, 11:13 PM
fj4069
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is there any other way?

Quick Reply: you ever run from the cops?