Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlemen Specific Fit Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 01:38 PM
Lifestarts@40
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Saddlemen Specific Fit Saddlebags

I'm looking at these bags for my Bob. I like the look and that they are quick release that fit tight to the bike. I've read some mixed reviews online regarding the quick release hardware. Is anyone running these bags, and if so, what do you think? I like the Leather pros too, but they're just a little out of my price range... especially with having to relocate my plate and tail lights.

https://www.saddlemen.com/s4-rigid-m...ley-davidson-1

Old 08-13-2018, 09:31 PM
crusader1xxx
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 194 Posts

They look like nice bags...saddlemen are stand up guys, why don’t you call them and ask about those mixed reviews maybe any issues have been addressed

The following users liked this post:
JayStronghawk (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 02:46 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Mine are not that Model, but had no problem with my Saddlemen Bags shown in Sig Pic ..

Old 08-14-2018, 07:36 AM
SJK01
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I actually have the S4 bags on my '07 FXDWG. The previous owner installed them. When I bought the bike, he had already modified the 'quick disconnect' mechanism of the bags because he said the quarter turn fasteners didn't hold well. What he did was install longer 3/8-16 threaded rod so that a portion of the threaded end sticks into the saddlebag, and then he put a washer and acorn nut on the inside to hold the bags. It holds fine and the acorn nuts don't get in the way or cause any damage to stuff in the bag.

I'm not home at the moment, so this is the only picture I have of the bags on the bike:

At some point this spring I picked up a set of the H-D detachable bags that I will be putting on in the future. Haven't gotten to it yet, as I've been riding every opportunity, and figured I would just leave it for a winter project. When I do I was going to list these bags here (and CL).

Regards,
SJK

The following users liked this post:
gleam (08-15-2018)
Old 06-06-2020, 02:00 PM
Russcles
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While the bags themselves may be nice, the quick release system is utterly terrible. I recently had my left side bag let go and I lost it. I put them on two years ago and had gotten extra quarter turn locking nuts from Saddlemen. I've reached out to Saddlemen again about this but now they're ignoring me. I can't imagine the outcome had the bag that flew off hit a car windshield, a pedestrian or something. Stay away from the quick release system and if you do buy these bags bolt them rigidly to your bike.