Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 FXDF project

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018 | 08:22 PM
Kevin R
Tourer

Originally Posted by mattVA
Nice thread and progress. Those 2009 Fat Bob's sure are nice.
I would have to agree with that statement.

Old 09-15-2018 | 12:26 AM
sparkalot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mattVA
Nice thread and progress. Those 2009 Fat Bob's sure are nice.
Originally Posted by Kevin R
I would have to agree with that statement.
I could not agree more!

2009 FXDF

Old 10-01-2018 | 06:36 AM
Shop rag
|
Advanced

Received shocks back from Legend having sent them in for spring change from 12" to 13". Once I set the sag the rebound damping was set to "3" which is in the middle range of adjustment. ( Revo-A's have a 1-6 rebound adjustment ****. 1 is the least amount of rebound damping and 6 is highest level) I rode them yesterday for about 30 miles total and ended up setting the rebound to "4" which adds a bit of rebound and stiffens things up a bit. That hit the sweet spot. The 13" inch shock gives more "feel" IMO but more miles will tell the tale.
A shout out to Legend customer service It's almost impossible to get them on the phone without going through the inquiry email system they have on the website BUT..... They called back within a day and got me all setup to return the shocks. Shock springs were changed, reservoirs were rebuilt and I had them back within a week !

I also have a rear brake mounting bracket on the way from Kraus motor co. so I can mount the Toikico calipers front and rear. I will probably wait until I figure out what to do with the bars before I do the brake conversion and redo the brake lines ( winter project ).

The following users liked this post:
Kevin R (10-01-2018)
Old 10-26-2018 | 06:19 AM
Shop rag
|
Advanced

Any ideas why I can't post pictures anymore? Tried sending moderators a message with no luck. Nothing has changed on my end as far as I know. Was going to update this build with some pics.

Old 10-26-2018 | 06:49 AM
sparkalot
Road Warrior

Good Morning
Would love to see the pictures.... I added a newly uploaded photo to see if it posts ok..... hope you get it figured out.....I had a problem once with upploading pics.... the file size was too big, The pic I just uploaded is about 1 mb.. . my cell cam pics are usually 4-5 mb so sometimes I have to reduce them to be able to upload here

Last edited by sparkalot; 10-26-2018 at 06:59 AM. Reason: splg
Old 10-27-2018 | 02:08 PM
Shop rag
|
Advanced

Well, still can't figure out the pictures issue. Tried all I know to do.

Did a 725 mile 20 hour turn and burn trip from N.C. to Baltimore MD last Monday on the bike . Roads were so bad from D.C. to Baltimore I think something shifted and I now have a new low speed vibration. Checked the bike over on the lift once I got back and can't find anything loose or broken. It's possible the rear motor mount is shot so I have a Custom Cycle Engineering mount on the way. BTW, spent some time on the phone with Tim from CCE. He is the engineer there and knows a crap load about Dyna's. He was nice enough to talk with me about my bike and Dyna's in general for about 45 min. I always find it very interesting to talk with people directly involved in a products design. I will keep the thread updated once the new mount is installed. Maybe even with a picture.......
Put on a new set of tires before the trip. Dunlop American Elites , front and rear. I really like these tires as they are predictable, fairly sticky and last a decent amount of miles. I also picked up a Thrashin Supply shifter peg and a set of Biltwell, Mushman foot pegs.

Old 10-27-2018 | 03:27 PM
Huggerbugger
Road Warrior

Your crank slipped.

Old 10-27-2018 | 11:03 PM
sparkalot
Road Warrior

Sounds like a (mostly) good shakedown ride...got some kinks and bugs out anyway.

I can see you are having a blast with the build, I enjoy following the progress plus getting some ideas for my 09 FXDF

As for the pictures problem you might try a PM to ChickenOnaChain , he is a mod and has been helpful to me ....He is always around. Not sure if the mod crew has changed up. I had a question I sent to
the general address "contact us" 2 or 3 weeks ago with no answer yet.

There is a sticky on the subject here that might help

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/forum...ost-or-pm.html

Hope to see more progress pictures someday LOL

Old 10-28-2018 | 07:03 AM
Shop rag
|
Advanced

Dunlop American Elite's , front and rear.

Rear fender height w/ Legend suspension 13" Revo A's

S&S mini tear drop

Sparkalot, thanks for the help ! Not sure what happened but got pictures working again.

New shoes !
-MT90B16 Dunlop American Elite front.
-180/65/B16 Dunlop American Elite rear.

Wanted to show the rear fender height with the Legend Revo A's in a 13". Definitely a better stance over the 12" and they are amazing going down the road. The S&S mini teardrop air cleaner is one of my favorites and it doesn't hit my knee as much as the stock AC.

Old 10-28-2018 | 09:35 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

Nice progress on the bike. I like my AE tires as well.

Quick Reply: 2009 FXDF project