Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 10:28 AM
jb1023
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Big Shots

for you guys with the Big Shots, looking at the pics it looks like it might be really tight to get the dipstick out. Is that actually the case or is it just how it shows in various pics? I have an 07 Wide Glide with the stock header and V&H slip-ons right now. I love the look and sound but I need to reduce the heat and this is one of the ways I plan to do it. "2:2 looks 2:1 power" is exactly what I want if I'm going to spend the money.
Originally Posted by Tall Timber
+1 for V&H big shots

2:2 looks 2:1 power (Hidden Crossover)

Old 08-07-2018, 10:40 AM
WVMountie07
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jb1023
for you guys with the Big Shots, looking at the pics it looks like it might be really tight to get the dipstick out. Is that actually the case or is it just how it shows in various pics? I have an 07 Wide Glide with the stock header and V&H slip-ons right now. I love the look and sound but I need to reduce the heat and this is one of the ways I plan to do it. "2:2 looks 2:1 power" is exactly what I want if I'm going to spend the money.
I don't have an issues accessing my dip stick.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:47 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Check out the Thunder Torque Inserts™. They can be used with just about any exhaust, stock or otherwise.

These will increase power by cutting back on engine pumping losses. They also deepen the tone of your exhaust a bit, giving it a throatier growl.

Here's a LINK to the TTIs.

Here's a REPORT LINK on exhaust that explains in detail how the TTIs work.

Sound clip-

Best exhaust mod when comparing results per dollar spent.(29.95)

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 08-07-2018, 02:03 PM
WildPhrog
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got a set of Sik Pipes Double Barrels on my Street Bob because I wanted something that looked different and wasn't crazy expensive. They make a bunch of different styles that may suit your liking and you can customize them pretty much however you want (baffles, torque cones, wraps/shields, chrome/ceramic, etc.)...the only draw back is that they are made to order so there is a bit of wait time to get them on your bike. Some of the pipes are pretty wild, but worth checking out if you want something unique.... www.sikpipes.com

Old 08-07-2018, 02:29 PM
jb1023
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not typically a fan of the shorty pipes but those Octanes do look awesome. I think my bike would look odd with black or wrapped pipes and by the time you chrome those they cost more than the big shots. If my WG does not sell by Dec I will just keep it and flip a coin between Octane and BS.

Last edited by jb1023; 08-07-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:28 PM
DaddyFlip
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NYroadking
In the market for a 2 into 2 Exhaust for my Super Glide Custom. I’m going with the old school look with 16” Apes. Anyway, looking for a nice set of pipes. Not drag and not 2 into 1’s. I want A nice rumble without breaking the bank. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I second the V&H Straight Shots. Staggered is the classic look in my view. This is my WG with 16" Chubby's. I run with the factory baffles in and I get all the rumble and roar I want. Look closely; a good set of staggered pipes shows maximum engine bay and hides the frame rails and swingarm when viewed straight on.

Old 08-11-2018, 06:17 AM
sparkalot
Road Warrior
Received 773 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by jb1023
I used to have Big Shots and yes, the dipstick was extremely hard to grasp, but could be done hot with protective rags and long nose pliers.
I liked the Big Shots, just wanted a different look, so went to a chrome Big Radius 2:1 The Big Shots have the hidden cross over so I guess they are technically are 2:1

I found a dipstick socket that helps with my current exhaust but did not help with the Big Shots. In my case, the dipstick was buried and positioned very close to the tight radius of one of the pipes. Link to dipstick socket
Amazon Amazon

Old 08-11-2018, 07:25 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by NYroadking
In the market for a 2 into 2 Exhaust for my Super Glide Custom. I’m going with the old school look with 16” Apes. Anyway, looking for a nice set of pipes. Not drag and not 2 into 1’s. I want A nice rumble without breaking the bank. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I've got exactly what youy describing, inexpensive and they look good on the FXDB frame. I'm getting older and put the quiet baffles in to shave off some db's but they still sound bitchin'.