Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fat Cat Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 04:38 PM
matt85
Advanced
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default D&D Fat Cat Exhaust

I ordered a D&D Fat Cat exhaust to swap out my Supertrapp Supermeg exhaust because the Supertrapp was too restrictive for the big bore kit and ported heads on my bike, it wasn't able to unleash the full potential of the engine build.

Right off the bat, the high quality of the D&D system was very apparent. The welds on the pipes around the flange areas look nice, the chrome was done very nicely, the heat shields on the head pipe were pre-installed by D&D, and the fitment couldn't have been better. On D&D's website, they state that some minor adjustments will need to be made to the brake pedal on Low Riders since it has mid controls. I did not have to modify anything, they fit with no clearance issues at all.

The quality was a stark contrast to the quality of the Supertrapp. On that one, the heat shields did not line up evenly, the muffler clamp was a pile of garbage, and it just felt like an inferior product.

After I put the new pipes on, the sound was night and day different. It has a much throatier, American-sounding note.

Next step is getting the bike retuned.

Here's an audio clip though the video doesn't do it justice. I'm very happy with this pipe.

Old 07-23-2018, 04:46 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 743 Likes on 411 Posts

I'm a big fan of the D&D. When I was shopping for pipes I came across a review on here of the FatCat by forum member WS6 Formula that sold me. Top notch quality, and it sounds awesome.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:51 PM
Lifestarts@40
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

I've had mine for quite some time and still love it. My ride is a stage I 103, but the Fat Cat is really what woke it up in the torque dept.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:11 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Sounds great.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:24 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,058 Likes on 671 Posts

I've always thought about the d&d fat cat but one has never made its way into my dyna. I will disagree about the supertrapp though. I have one on my softail and the exhaust is great. Great finish (chrome) and excellent heat shield fit. Been on the bike for about ten years and it shows no signs of age.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:34 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Been running a FatCat for 50,000 miles. I love it, other than the long heavy *** muffler. If you ever plan on going with 13.5" shocks, that muffler will hit the shock bolt, and get in the way of the rear axle. Making it a PITA do deal with from time to time.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:20 PM
Sambo62
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Been running a FatCat for 50,000 miles. I love it, other than the long heavy *** muffler. If you ever plan on going with 13.5" shocks, that muffler will hit the shock bolt, and get in the way of the rear axle. Making it a PITA do deal with from time to time.
Guess that makes my exhaust decision for me. I had narrowed my choices down to two, Fat Cat or Bassani RR3 and quite frankly preferred the Fat Cat. However, I called them direct and they confirmed I would have issues with their system. Will give them the credit due for being totally transparent. Reckon it's the RR3 for tall shocks...

Old 07-26-2018, 01:31 PM
iaminsider
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I am running the RR3 with 13'' bagger air shocks. I love the RR3. Great sound and looks great! If you do not want the raw stainless pipes, there is an RR2 model that fits with taller shocks as well. You can get that one in black or chrome.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:53 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sambo62
Guess that makes my exhaust decision for me. I had narrowed my choices down to two, Fat Cat or Bassani RR3 and quite frankly preferred the Fat Cat. However, I called them direct and they confirmed I would have issues with their system. Will give them the credit due for being totally transparent. Reckon it's the RR3 for tall shocks...
Exactly. Dont know that I would do it differently tho... In fact, I am in the process right now of fitting various 2.5 mufflers to the D&D head pipe to ditch that long one its comes with and solve my issues. Those stepped headers they make are great.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:53 PM
matt85
Advanced
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I have 13.5" shocks and the lower shock bolt clears the muffler. The Supertrapp system included spacers for the muffler hanger/mount and I used those on the D&D muffler mount. D&D didn't include those. They allow the muffler to be pulled away a little bit and gives clearance. I'll take pictures later. I haven't cycled the suspension travel but will when I get home to be sure there is no interference with any bolts and exhaust.

Quick Reply: D&D Fat Cat Exhaust