Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive Customer Service Disaster

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 01:25 PM
Newellhole
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Progressive Customer Service Disaster

So I'm in a bit of a predicament with my rear shocks. Just to sum up whats going on, I bought a set of 13" 444's for my 2013 fxdb the winter of 2016. Just after a few months of riding in 2017 both shocks were blown. I bought these at my local Harley dealer in Newfoundland, Canada (paid $992 for them we get raped on parts in Canada). Fast forward to January 2018, I got the dealership to send the shocks to progressive to get rebuilt and it would be covered by warranty I would just pay shipping and I was happy with that. I actually moved to the Northwest Territories and I'm planning a trip to ride down through the states from Newfoundland and back up into Alberta as I'm moving there and want to have my bike there asap (over 7000km trip). It's now June 22nd and the shocks still aren't done and the dealership has been trying to get progressive on this for weeks without any satisfaction, no one answering email/phone calls. I'm planning on leaving on my trip by July 11th. I have zero faith that I'll have my shocks in time and will have to buy a new set, definitely will not be buying progressive again. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience like this before? Also I should add that I did email progressive as soon as I seen they were blown in 2017 and they never responded. I just don't understand how a company can let things happen like this.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:34 PM
Spike_351
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Never really had to deal with them other than verified a part would fit my bike, just installed a set of progressive springs in my forks and they seem to get the job done.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:47 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,811 Likes on 2,545 Posts

I just wonder if the dealership didn't screw the pooch on this one, have you tried to contact Progressive?

Old 06-22-2018, 03:05 PM
bigjames4xl
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

I had an issue with the chrome pitting on a set I have and they never answered my email. Never pursued it beyond that but they will get bad reviews from me. If they don't want to reply to emails then why publish it

Old 06-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Flstcjay
Tourer
Received 103 Likes on 62 Posts

Buy a new set from another company, and throw the progressives on a sell site when you eventually get them back. Never do business with them again, and tell everyone you ever meet in the bike world how shitty their after sales service is.
Companies who don’t want to support customers after sales in a reasonable amount of time need to be called out. Sadly, after sales service seems to be a dying art, but does allow those who do to really stand out.

The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (06-23-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 08:51 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,036 Likes on 774 Posts
Old 06-22-2018, 10:52 PM
fxrnutt
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Call Progressive directly.....they've been around along time..... they'll handle it

Old 06-23-2018, 05:12 AM
gi_king_ken
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

That really sucks the situation you're in. Did the dealership when they took the shocks quote you a time on how long it would take for turn around? If they did then perhaps they could pick up and pay for the shipping and handling to try and make up for the situation. If not maybe they have a set of stock shocks lying around that you could borrow just for your trip saving you from having to spend all that money on new shocks.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:32 AM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,055 Likes on 4,358 Posts

Do you live in NWT or Newfoundland?

Old 06-23-2018, 03:39 PM
Newellhole
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kel03
Do you live in NWT or Newfoundland?
Living in Yellowknife right now, my bike is in Newfoundland still and I'm planning on moving the Alberta in the next year or 2. Having it in Alberta will allow me to use it more often while I'm living up here.

Gonna call the dealership tomorrow and see what they're saying, it's been a week since I spoke with them so hopefully they'll have an update.

Quick Reply: Progressive Customer Service Disaster