Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Dyna Low Rider Mini-Apes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 11:40 AM
djKail
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ebmike88
Thank you alot! Really! I have been wanting to start this project for quiet some time but I needed to speak to someone that had done it before to at least have some idea on how to move forward and you provided that! I'll try not to get the same bars are you haha but those are sweet looking (was going to get some Biltwell Mini Apes) and needed the size to reference all the other things I would have to change out. Once I get home today I'll def look for the brake block, hopefully I don't have it and it's an ABS thing so at least that'll save some time and money. I will get all the parts myself and pay Harley to do the work as well for "peace of mind" i know if something goes bad/wrong it'll be on them to fix it.

Thanks again! Once she's all put together and finished i'll def PM you what she looks like!
Sounds good man, I also looked at Biltwell bars but I don't think they were knurled so I went with the Nash midget Gimps.

Let me know if you have any other questions.... excited to see how it looks when it's all done!

Old 06-29-2018, 11:35 AM
ebmike88
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djKail
Sounds good man, I also looked at Biltwell bars but I don't think they were knurled so I went with the Nash midget Gimps.

Let me know if you have any other questions.... excited to see how it looks when it's all done!

Another question. What risers did you use on your bike?

Old 06-29-2018, 11:55 AM
djKail
Advanced

Another question. What risers did you use on your bike?
I overpaid for some Roland Sands Nostalgia collection risers. I liked the contrast cut on them as they tied in nice with the stock contrast cut rims.

Old 07-29-2018, 04:52 PM
ebmike88
Intermediate
Default Update!

Status update all! So as an early 30th birthday present to myself I went to my local hd and ordered everything i needed to start and complete the project! Planning to have it all done within the next two weeks! I'll definitely put before and after pics!

Old 07-29-2018, 05:34 PM
Flinter
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

I overpaid for some Roland Sands Nostalgia collection risers. I liked the contrast cut on them as they tied in nice with the stock contrast cut rims.
I over paid for those too! lol
They do look sweet though.

Old 07-29-2018, 06:00 PM
ebmike88
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Flinter
I over paid for those too! lol
They do look sweet though.

Haha I got the same exact ones! They just look too freakin sweet and the match my stock rims so i had to get them lol

The following users liked this post:
Flinter (07-29-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 06:39 PM
Flinter
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Haha I got the same exact ones! They just look too freakin sweet and the match my stock rims so i had to get them lol
Magnum 5 rims on my Street Bob. They match perfectly.

Old 07-29-2018, 06:46 PM
djKail
Advanced

Status update all! So as an early 30th birthday present to myself I went to my local hd and ordered everything i needed to start and complete the project! Planning to have it all done within the next two weeks! I'll definitely put before and after pics!
Nice! What bars are you going with? I'm actually considering going a new route with my build and might be loosing the Nash midget gimps for some lucky Dave's.

Old 07-29-2018, 08:06 PM
ebmike88
Intermediate

Nice! What bars are you going with? I'm actually considering going a new route with my build and might be loosing the Nash midget gimps for some lucky Dave's.

Ordered this bars. Literally got everything from harley. Best part is i get a 10% military discount so that helped lol

​​​​​​And i got this cable/handlebar kit.

https://www.burlybrand.com/product/47/12-narrow-bottom-apes/8931

https://www.magnumshielding.com/handlebarkits-dyna/handlebarkits-487201

Old 07-29-2018, 08:16 PM
djKail
Advanced

Ordered this bars. Literally got everything from harley. Best part is i get a 10% military discount so that helped lol

​​​​​​And i got this cable/handlebar kit.

https://www.burlybrand.com/product/47/12-narrow-bottom-apes/8931

https://www.magnumshielding.com/handlebarkits-dyna/handlebarkits-487201
Looks awesome! I didnt see that kit from magnum shielding when I did mine. Had to order everything seperate. Definitely post up a photo when she is done!

Quick Reply: 2017 Dyna Low Rider Mini-Apes?