Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Street Bob problems - It's Shank's Pony for me (walking)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:15 AM
gilesgraphics
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 06 Street Bob problems - It's Shank's Pony for me (walking)

ORIGINAL: lee
the attitude is that your not supose to ride the dam things
This is pretty much the impression I get from them it is not a motorcycle it is a toy for rich people to add trinkets to and ride once in a while. You get better chrome on Honda Stepthru for gods sake..
They have forgotten that the people who kept them going were the enthusiasts. Now they are pissing on us from a great height..

Just you wait Willie G I'm going to hell too and when I get there we are going to have a chat about corrosion..
[sm=badbadbad.gif]

hmmm though acid is nice I know that some alkalis can do some real extreme skin treatments...........

traveler as to trading it in for a new one well I will get Jack **** for it and I do not, contrary to Harley's opinion, have Stockholm Syndrome.. I have not started to sympathise, love or even like my tormentor (I would gladly eviscerate any one who said the corrosion was OK all the way through the bike's life) I am not about to compound my misery by buying another badly finished and engineered pile of crap.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:19 AM
BLade1127
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. Something definately happened to the bike before you got it. I understand that you are upset about it, but there are 50,000+ members on this board alone that will tell you the exact opposite of what you are feeling. I think I would be more pissed at the previous owner than HD.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:30 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't blame you for being angry but you can get lemons with all brands.I've owned Hondas and Kawasakis that were such pieces of crap that I'll never buy another.As soon as you get it back trade it in on whatever you can and never look back, something I would have already done by now if it were me.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:52 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

One question: Was this bike ever connected to a battery charger/tender of any kind for a long period of time while stored. Since you are having massive corrosion on different metals/finishes you may have an electrolysis issue and the bike electrical system may not be properly grounded and it is grounding through the jiffy stand while sitting there. Stray current will accelerate oxidation of any dissimilar metals that come into contact with each other. Kind of a long shot but I have never heard of anyones Harley dissolving before.Did the dealer check the electrical system?

One more question: In the same room/building where this bike was stored was there any fertilizers or other chemicals of any type stored in the same room? Ifso, what type?

BTW, a stray current corrosionissue would be a warranty issue and the MoCo may replace the bike.because the frame will dissolve as all the welds are dissimilar metals...if you don't rant at then like a 2 year old.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:23 AM
gilesgraphics
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI
One question: Was this bike ever connected to a battery charger/tender of any kind for a long period of time while stored.
Nope ridden every day so battery gets a charge from riding but you only ever get one chance to turn her over, then you have to wait about 15 mins for battery to recover or bump her.

Since you are having massive corrosion on different metals/finishes you may have an electrolysis issue and the bike electrical system may not be properly grounded and it is grounding through the jiffy stand while sitting there.
Never really thought about this, see above

Did the dealer check the electrical system?
Nope

One more question: In the same room/building where this bike was stored was there any fertilizers or other chemicals of any type stored in the same room? Ifso, what type?
Nope she lives outside but under a VERY expensive cover.

BTW, a stray current corrosionissue would be a warranty issue and the MoCo may replace the bike.because the frame will dissolve as all the welds are dissimilar metals...if you don't rant at then like a 2 year old.
Well its odd you say this too as the welds have blown the paint off in quite a few places and the rust is in there like flies on sh*t

Haven't ranted at them in all the time I have been having the problems this bike however is the final damned straw being told that I haven't looked after my pride and joy really gets my goat!

Old 04-17-2008, 04:24 PM
harper764
Banned

just curious how you dried the bike after all the washes? or did you let the sun do the job?

Old 04-17-2008, 08:13 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,797 Likes on 2,538 Posts

Try this, get with your dealer and see if they can't backtrack the original point for delivery from Milwaukee by using the VIN. I strongly agree this bike has seen some flood damage in a crate and sold in the crate to some unsuspecting dealer after it dried out. It's also quite possible a flooded area (i.e., New Orleans) could have been the port of departure for an overseas shipment that didn't quite make it out on time. I would be doing some searching.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:56 PM
2002fxdp
Road Captain

thats why i got a used one.
completly dissasembled it and then reassembled it to ensure that everything mechanical was up to MY standards. not a whole lot of help to you but just a thought.
if youre fed up with it, Asian is the way to go. much higher quality and more reliable.
no probs. with my FXDP but like i said, its all been serviced fanaticly

Old 04-17-2008, 10:11 PM
l.ray
Road Warrior

I HEAR THE THEME FOR THE TWILIGHT ZONE? [sm=admin.gif]

Old 04-18-2008, 12:51 AM
fj4069
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it is a flood vehicle. you flooded it. by your own admission you wash it very often and it just isn't getting fully dried i think.