Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Denim Street BOB pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Justa5o
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Black Denim Street BOB pics

Nate...that rear fender and tire look great. What mods did you have to do to get that look?

Old 06-27-2007, 11:07 PM
NEONNIGHT34609
Road Captain
Old 06-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Nate
Intermediate

Justa5o

180hd tire, custom fender from wcc (tombstone), I mounted it lower to give the appearance of the bike being lower while still maintaing cornering clerance, led taillight bulbs with run, turn, brake converter. I got rid of the circuit board from the stock taillight and shortened up the wiring harness in the rear and ran the wires between the struts and covers so there will be no rubbing issues.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:32 PM
silverbullet2005
Tourer

here are the most recent pictures of my bike.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1830147/tm.htm

Old 06-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Justa5o
Cruiser

THANKS....thanks to everyone that has sent in the great pics. It helped me make my decision. Now just need to decide if I should waite two months until the 2008s come out.[:@]
Anyone have a dealership that they got a GREAT deal at?

Old 06-29-2007, 03:11 PM
rocklayer2
Road Captain

Richwarchild your bike looks incredible!!! Did you buy your suicide shifter premade or did you fab it yourself? Do you have any closups of the shift linkage? I would love to do that with my bob.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:21 PM
RichWarchild
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: rocklayer2

Richwarchild your bike looks incredible!!! Did you buy your suicide shifter premade or did you fab it yourself? Do you have any closups of the shift linkage? I would love to do that with my bob.

Custom made it. It mounts to where the horn use to be. Single pivot point and then attaches to the stock shift linkage.

The clutch was swapped over to a hydraulic clutch from a V-Rod because i'm still working on a way to have the clutch on the bars work along with the clutch on the jockey for them OHH **** STOP moments.

Here's the closest pic I have to it for a close up.... I've had alot of inquiries about it... Maybe i should patent the bitch :P

This is the original shift linkage I made for it. It was a little to far of a reach for me so I grabbed a stock one from harley that was made fora sportster.

Done a few more changes from this close up. Changed the allen bolt to a custom screw to match the axel (seen in the other pics), Chromed the whole arm, designeda new clutch lever and made it out of solid brass that resembles brass knuckles,and also put a skull top on it which makes a great hand rest.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:36 PM
rocklayer2
Road Captain

All I can say is wow. If you started selling them I would buy one in a heartbeat.

nice job,
Rock

Old 06-29-2007, 03:42 PM
RichWarchild
Intermediate

haha thanks.... I get bored at work and design motorcylce parts for me and my friends. Sissy bar mounts, jockey shifts, forward controls, fender mounts...... The joys of knowing Solidworks(what they use on American Chopper).

That whole piece.... if you wanted to keep the standard clutch, so just mounting plate, shift arm, and clutch handle, linkage.... probably looking at about $300-$400. Of course you could get alot fancier with the mounting plate, shift arm, clutch lever style, etc. And then of course the finish you want on it.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:11 PM
rocklayer2
Road Captain

Is that what you would sell it for or what it cost you to make it?

Quick Reply: Black Denim Street BOB pics