Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Tuner Y/N

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Race Tuner Y/N

I have the PCIII and I under stand that some do not like the piggy back system, or ..... but from what my buddy has to do to change his map on his SERT, I will stick to my PCIII. I personally see nothing wrong with the SERT, I just perfer to be able to take my laptop to the garage, plug in the PCIII, and start the bike up, watch all the signals and adjust while it is running. To load a map it takes me about 30 seconds, if that is not a good one, load another one, and if all else fails, I just unplug it and back to the stock computer settings I am.
It really is personal preferance if you ask me. I did alot of research on line, reading the articles and then American Iron ran an article that well solved my purchase idea for me.
Good luck in what ever direction you go! I think you will be fine either way you decide.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:04 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree with Stranger.. I have an 07 Road King, and I just put on the 07 Rinehart pipes with the high performance baffles, big sucker stage 1, and the PCIII. It runs great. I also found a map at PC.com for Rinehart pipes and my bike. I'm not a mechanic, (I did have a mechanic install the items), butmy bike runs better than it did before.My mechanic wants to check it again, to make sure it isn't running too lean or too rich. It is great just to be able to plug up my laptop, and look at how my bike it running.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:33 PM
RidinLow07
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that to get max HP and TQ a dyno tune would help but after adding my stage 1 mods and thundermax with the map recommended by zippers there is no question that the bike is running stronger. The difference is easily felt, its not subtle. I've also run my bike against a couple of my friends modified bikes both when mine was stock and after the mods. No question its stronger than it was. I agree with stranger, I can hook up my laptop and in a few minutes add a new map at any time that the tuners come up with something a little better for my particular setup although I'm very pleased with the way its running now. Besides hooking up a computer and tweaking the settings and making minor adjustments and then measuring the engine parameters is just too much fun. I've been riding for over 30 years and tuned many a carb by making minor adjustments and then testing it by riding it. Its the same with fuel injection. I've been tweaking the maps on my fuel injected bikes since my 2000 road king which had a power commander. Besides there are a lot of guys running dynos out there that really aren't doing the best job of tuning either. If they did 3 dyno runs with the bike what you got was the max HP and TQ out of 3 runs. If you did 10 dyno runs you could maybe get even a little more out of it by tweaking the settings a little more. I really don't care if I squeeze every possible HP out, I'm not planning on racing it. I am pleased with the way it runs now, because even the slow speed handling is better.