Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To tune or not to tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018 | 07:27 PM
Ghost_13
Grand HDF Member

To tune or not to tune

This question should never be asked - dyno tune..., always - by a competent dyno tuner

Ghost

Old 05-21-2018 | 08:09 PM
pjbuilder
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ghost_13

To tune or not to tune

This question should never be asked - dyno tune..., always - by a competent dyno tuner

Ghost
I was told by the Harley dealer who did the mods and sold the bike to original and only previous owner that their records show that they did Dyno it when they did the the V&H and the air cleaner. Bike has 2100 miles on it.

Were they competent? Can't say one way or the other.

I've decided to get the Dynojet Power vision from Fuel Moto. Hopefully it does what I'm hoping. If not , I'll get over it.

Thanks to all who responded. I appreciate your help.

Old 05-21-2018 | 09:04 PM
crusader1xxx
Road Master

You will like the power vision...it’s a great tuner...

Old 06-08-2018 | 04:40 PM
pjbuilder
|
Cruiser

As a follow up I ended up purchasing the V&H Fuelpak from Fuel moto instead of the PV for my 2014 fxdl. Since I wasn't planning additional mods it seemed like it should be a good fit. After a few hiccups getting it to connect with the V&H servers and some help from Cheyne McNab at Vance & Hines I got it connected today and downloaded the stock map for my V&H Twinslash 2 into 1 Slip Ons. Just back from first ride and I'm real pleased. My decel pop has been pretty much eliminated. Bike seems more responsive and smoother accelerating. All I've done so far is flashed the new map. Didn't do anything with their firecrackers in the app that are specifically designed to help reduce the popping. May play around with some of the other offerings in the app and may even try autotune in the future but for now for me it looks like it was money well spent.

The following users liked this post:
ludville1 (06-10-2018)
Old 06-11-2018 | 07:42 AM
leafman60
Road Captain

Originally Posted by pjbuilder
As a follow up I ended up purchasing the V&H Fuelpak from Fuel moto instead of the PV for my 2014 fxdl. Since I wasn't planning additional mods it seemed like it should be a good fit. After a few hiccups getting it to connect with the V&H servers and some help from Cheyne McNab at Vance & Hines I got it connected today and downloaded the stock map for my V&H Twinslash 2 into 1 Slip Ons. Just back from first ride and I'm real pleased. My decel pop has been pretty much eliminated. Bike seems more responsive and smoother accelerating. All I've done so far is flashed the new map. Didn't do anything with their firecrackers in the app that are specifically designed to help reduce the popping. May play around with some of the other offerings in the app and may even try autotune in the future but for now for me it looks like it was money well spent.
Considering your situation, I think you made the correct decision.

I have been using a V&H FP3 for a quite a while now on a moderately modified 103 with fantastic results.

A full dyno tune may technically yield the best results but the cost/return decision often leans to an FP3 for many people.

A dyno tune may not be the most practical choice for some riders.

I do suggest that you run the Auto Tune for a while before disconnecting the FP3.