Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Upgraded" Bassani Exhaust Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 12:07 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 900 Likes on 600 Posts
Default "Upgraded" Bassani Exhaust Bracket

Karma... A couple of weeks ago there was a post in a Facebook Dyna group about a broken Bassani exhaust bracket. I gave some advice about making sure every part of the exhaust was in as neutral a position as possible, and then tightening and torquing in stages... A few days later I was checking my oil and saw that mine was broken as well!

I emailed Bassani right away, using an address on their site that was indicated for motorcycle warranty issues. No response. Tried again. No response. I called them, and on the phone they were very responsive and asked that I email them a picture and my original purchase info, which I did. I still received no email back, but a new bracket arrived three or four days later. I'm a big Bassani fan, but my advice if you need anything from them: Communicate by phone, not by email! I was very happy to recieve a new part without hassle (or payment), as my pipe is at least a year out of warranty. The new bracket is the same basic design, but has some additional support. Here they are side by side from the top:

...and from the bottom:

...and full length:

Super easy to change without removing the pipe, as long as you support things properly.

I'm really not sure whether the new design will prove to outlast the original significantly, but time will tell! At any rate, I'm happy that Bassani sent me a new piece, and I really like the Road Rage 3 a lot. And reading the forums, it doesn't seem that problematic brackets are limited to Bassani, I think I've read about an issue with every 2:1 pipe out there.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:23 PM
crusader1xxx
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 194 Posts

Ya Thunderheader had problems...but they have addressed them...good on Bassani for sending a new one...looks much beefier ...

Like you I think all 2 into 1’s can run into this issue....so much weight being supported

Old 04-25-2018, 08:30 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

I’ve got a Road Rage on the way for my “new to me” FXR. It’s one of the few 2:1’s you you can still get for that old dog.

Wonder what my bracket will look like.

Thanks for this, Tarik. it’ll help.

Last edited by Mchad; 04-25-2018 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:50 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mchad
I’ve got a Road Rage on the way for my “new to me” FXR. It’s one of the few 2:1’s you you can still get for that old dog.

Wonder what my bracket will look like.

Thanks for this, Tarik. it’ll help.
Hey there, Mchad! I missed the part where you added an FXR! Awesome! In addition to the Road Rage, there's also the Red Thunder "Titanium Line" for FXR...

Old 04-26-2018, 08:39 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Thanks. I’m going to stick with the RR as it’s already been ordered. One question though. I’m looking for the quiet baffle, have you tried it ever? Wondering if it’s worth it. I’m not a fan of painfully loud pipes, which is why I sold the Red Thunder I tried on my dyna.

Maybe the 80” EVO motor will be a little quieter then bigger inch motors, but I still think I’ll want the baffles. The Python 2:2’s currently on it are pretty damn loud...

Old 04-26-2018, 08:42 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Thanks. I’m going to stick with the RR as it’s already been ordered. One question though. I’m looking for the quiet baffle, have you tried it ever? Wondering if it’s worth it. I’m not a fan of painfully loud pipes, which is why I sold the Red Thunder I tried on my dyna.

Maybe the 80” EVO motor will be a little quieter then bigger inch motors, but I still think I’ll want the baffles. The Python 2:2’s currently on it are pretty damn loud...

Here it is:

Old 04-26-2018, 09:14 AM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,586 Likes on 683 Posts

Good to know Bassani will stand behind their stuff! V&H Hines didnt when I had an exhaust mount break, and I even offered to buy a new mount to no avail.

Heck I just went and looked to see what bracket I have with my road rage... mine doesnt have any of the bracing! But its a little different design with small square tube. Wish I could have waited to get a road rage 3, they came out the week I received my pipe after waiting for a month because of backorder.

Last edited by 2500hdon37s; 04-26-2018 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:38 AM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

I will second calling Bassani with issues. I had a problem with my road rage having 2 pinholes in the weld. Called and sent a picture and boom new headpipe a week later. Guess I need to start keep an eye on my bracket now.

Last edited by CryingJoker; 04-26-2018 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:14 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,558 Likes on 808 Posts

Got Cobra El Diablo 2:1 on mine. Haven't heard any issues with them, but I don't think many people are running them.

Old 04-26-2018, 02:14 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s
Wish I could have waited to get a road rage 3, they came out the week I received my pipe after waiting for a month because of backorder.
That's funny, because the same thing happened to me. I ordered a RR2 from Revzilla, and it sat for most of the winter without being installed. Then the RR3 came out. I called Revzilla and asked if I could return the original pipe, even though I'd had it for almost 90 days (I think the return policy is 30). They were cool about it, so I got the RR3 instead. One thing I noticed right away when I opened the box was that the 3 is much lighter than the 2. Maybe it's all due to the lack of heat shields, but it felt like a bigger difference than that.

Quick Reply: "Upgraded" Bassani Exhaust Bracket