Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio on your Dyna? What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 09:21 PM
Dyna0352
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Plex Audio.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:45 PM
Backinblack83
Tourer
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

+1 for earbuds

music just loud enough to hear, but still be able to hear traffic.

In my mind, it helps with deafening wind noise as well

The following users liked this post:
Monteman1971 (04-26-2018)
Old 04-21-2018, 11:21 PM
wkdb
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a 2 wheel audio or dyna tunes on my it does require a hd 1/4 fair though.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:30 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 115 Posts

U could try to buy a small bluetooth speaker (tons around) and fabricate a holder for it or toss it inca cup holder.

i have a speaker that is round that fits right into a cup holder.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:28 AM
rich56
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Was looking for specific speakers but

Ear buds look like a simple solution. I know different municipalities have rules about “earphone while driving” but for safety, one side will do. It will also preserve the stripped look of the Dyna.
Looks like posters in the audio section are talking about fairing mounted systems, I’d mount speakers behind sport shield on the handlebars

Old 04-22-2018, 09:42 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Situational awareness can be degraded to the same degree with either. An external system turned up loud enough to be clearly audible at speed would have to be at least, what?, 100+ decibels?

Most car exhausts are well under 90db...let alone their tire or engine noise.

100 decibels with ear buds would be crazy, IMO. Good in ear monitors have excellent isolation, reducing noise from wind, exhaust, etc, and allows you to enjoy music at much lower volumes.

I don't have any studies on the subject but I have a 1500 watt stereo in my convertible and I know with my IEMs in and playing at comfortably audible levelson the bike (enough to break the monotony on long trips) I can still hear surrounding vehicles on the highway. I'd estimate it being comparable, bike and car... I can EASILY drown out all surrounding noises with either.

After a couple hours in the convertible my ears are ringing and I have a headache. I don't get that on the bike. I truly think my noise exposure on the bike with ear buds is considerably lower.

Often times on the bike I just have the GPS running so I effectively just have ear plugs in. Tho I still get clearly audible nav prompts without ever taking my eyes off my surroundings.

Different strokes, obviously, but I can't say head-fi is inherently more dangerous than any other entertainment system.

Just MHO.

Last edited by cggorman; 04-22-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:05 AM
EggDropX
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Sena 20S. Perfect for audio, comms if wanted and not being a douche blairing terible music nobody wants to hear.

Old 04-24-2018, 07:02 AM
WHS
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

Bolt whatever you like to your bike.

But, for the sake of the rest of the world who will be exposed your specific taste in music, perhaps in-helmet audio is the way to go.

Jus' sayin' ....

Old 04-24-2018, 04:20 PM
TejasJeff
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Please don't add objectionable noise to your superglide. Don't contribute to the annoyance problem.
THIS. Played hooky yesterday to put some backroad miles on her and therapy for me. I’m taking a break out in the middle of NOWHERE and a jack wad and his tunes ruined peace and quiet as he cruised by.

Carry on OP. I see you chose ear buds. Thank you.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:04 AM
Vec
Road Master

Received 490 Likes on 277 Posts
Thumbs up

recently a buddy i ride with here in Hill country bought a 3 pack of those sens 20s units and installed them in mine and another guys helmet when we were at work, he then asked for our phones and linked the headset to the phones... he said that we could not only communicate when we rode the three twisted sisters ride, but also listen to music thru it when we were riding solo.

I thanked him and told him I didnt have unlimited data on my phone and rather enjoyed the sound of my Glide. (they both ride jap bikes).

i rode home that evening with it in my helmet with it off, the speakers in the ear pockets made the foam touch my ears and was uncomfortable.
when i got home I removed it from my helmet and returned it to him the next day.

everyone is different, I prefer the sounds of the bike and the road.

Quick Reply: Audio on your Dyna? What to do?