Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMX Style Pegs, MoonsMC

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 11:02 PM
OldManLeadSled
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Default BMX Style Pegs, MoonsMC

I've seen many threads involving Burly Brand, Flo Motorsports, DK Customs, Bung King, Biltwell, etc. foot pegs. Personally, I am drawn to the long Joker Machine pegs due to the fact that they are 4.5" long, I'm a big dude and that would be nice!

However, I do Not find reviews on the MoonsMC pegs found here: https://www.moonsmc.com/collections/...-platform-pegs

Is there a reason? I have a MoonsMC integrated taillight on my Dyna and am interested in these pegs. They are significantly less spendy than many of the others.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:15 AM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Received 1,032 Likes on 600 Posts

I can’t speak for his pegs, but I’ve bought several things from moons and I’ve never been disappointed. I don’t see you having any issues.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:44 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts

pegs and taillight are not from same place. the tail lights ride the slow boat from china...

if you like the pegs, buy them. do not assume that there is some quality correlation, it does not exist.

Old 04-21-2018, 02:12 PM
OldManLeadSled
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cvaria
pegs and taillight are not from same place. the tail lights ride the slow boat from china...

if you like the pegs, buy them. do not assume that there is some quality correlation, it does not exist.
I never intended to draw a direct correlation between the manufacturer of the tailight vs the pegs. I was simply indicating that both were sold by the same company, of which I have done business with prior. Retailers typically do not ensure that the products they sell are all manufactured by the same company, and some companies manufacture some of their items and re-sale other imported items.

The more specific reason for my post was to inquire as to whether or not anyone had experience with the pegs. I appreciate your help; however, it seems as if you do not have any said experience.

Old 04-21-2018, 02:27 PM
MSgt1371
Cruiser

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

I've been running Moons MX pegs for about a year now. Good pegs, they do tear up the soles of my boots though, my feet definitely aren't sliding off them like they did when I ran the Biltwell Mushman pegs. You can find the same ones on eBay or Amazon for a little cheaper.

Old 04-21-2018, 02:46 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by OldManLeadSled
I never intended to draw a direct correlation between the manufacturer of the tailight vs the pegs. I was simply indicating that both were sold by the same company, of which I have done business with prior. Retailers typically do not ensure that the products they sell are all manufactured by the same company, and some companies manufacture some of their items and re-sale other imported items.

The more specific reason for my post was to inquire as to whether or not anyone had experience with the pegs. I appreciate your help; however, it seems as if you do not have any said experience.
lol. nice snarky response but, i read your post and understood it... so i added that there's no parity in terms of quality, especially with that source... for your benefit. i went through the same motions and ended up making my own after looking at what's in the market.

even though you tried to slide me. here @ $24: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...51376782LMvMZ2

old slow boat.... exactly what i'm saying

actual boat involved

Last edited by cvaria; 04-21-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:47 PM
OldManLeadSled
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MSgt1371
I've been running Moons MX pegs for about a year now. Good pegs, they do tear up the soles of my boots though, my feet definitely aren't sliding off them like they did when I ran the Biltwell Mushman pegs. You can find the same ones on eBay or Amazon for a little cheaper.
Do you like them better than the Mushmans? I think they are the same size. I suppose if the fasteners tore up my shoes too badly, I could hit them with a sanding wheel a little bit. I appreciate the feedback! Got a picture of them on the bike?

Old 04-21-2018, 02:58 PM
OldManLeadSled
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cvaria
lol. nice snarky response but, i read your post and understood it... so i added that there's no parity in terms of quality, especially with that source... for your benefit. i went through the same motions and ended up making my own after looking at what's in the market.

even though you tried to slide me. here: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...51376782LMvMZ2

old slow boat.... exactly what i'm saying

actual boat involved
Was only giving you the response I thought your reply required. Seemed like you missed the point, perhaps it was well intended. I'm not bent out of shape about it. Lol

I will say, seeing the pegs on Alibaba is not heartening. I'm the guy that will pay more for the made in the grand ole USA. Can you enlighten me, are the Joker Machine pegs floated over as well? I'm leaning back towards the Mushmans the more I hear from you. Lol

Old 04-21-2018, 03:14 PM
MSgt1371
Cruiser

Do you like them better than the Mushmans? I think they are the same size. I suppose if the fasteners tore up my shoes too badly, I could hit them with a sanding wheel a little bit. I appreciate the feedback! Got a picture of them on the bike?
Much better then the mushmans, if they mushman's got even a little wet my feet would want to slide off them. the grippers on the Moons pegs are nothing more than small set-screws, you could remove some of them if you desired.

Bike's in the shop right now, this is the best I can do for pics.

Attached Thumbnails BMX Style Pegs, MoonsMC-img_4655.jpg   BMX Style Pegs, MoonsMC-img_4692.jpg  
Old 04-21-2018, 03:18 PM
MSgt1371
Cruiser

I will say, seeing the pegs on Alibaba is not heartening. I'm the guy that will pay more for the made in the grand ole USA. Can you enlighten me, are the Joker Machine pegs floated over as well? I'm leaning back towards the Mushmans the more I hear from you. Lol
I can assure you, these are the same pegs, and most of the stuff Moon's sells is the same stuff you can find on alibaba, wish, ebay, amazon just rebranded with Moons logo.

That being said, I'd stay away from the Mushman's and go with something else.

Quick Reply: BMX Style Pegs, MoonsMC