Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shifting Speeds Questions....!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007 | 10:51 AM
danielharley
|
Intermediate
Default Shifting Speeds Questions....!

Hello my harley friends....!

I have a questions for you, maybe it is a stupid questions... but It is my first harley... this is the questions..

1) Each time that I shift speeds I hear a sound "CLACK" it doesn't care if is upshift or down shift but it is a sound "CLACK" ... this is my first harley a 2007 Super Glide Custom with foward controls.... It is like a a loud ponding sound... before the harley I had a 95 Honda shadow... and the shadow did that exact sound... but I thought that sound was only with japanese and old motorcycles ... but I don't know if it is normal in all the motrocycles... if you want I could record that sound with the motorcycle turn off....

1) Is it too dificult to shift to NEUTRAL speed?.... it is the same situation on the question 1.... with the shadow was... I don't know if it is normal... maybe there are any tips or trick in that situation....

Please if it is too obvius question .... please sorry.. for that and sorry everybody for my english... I'm studing to improve it....

thanks

daniel.

Old 06-22-2007 | 11:02 AM
tbone52
Road Warrior
Default RE: Shifting Speeds Questions....!

1. Normal.
2. Neutral should be easy to find. No problems here on my '06. Go to all the way down to first and half click up. Search the forum for "neutral". There have been some threads about the oil used in various transmissions changing the difficulty finding neutral.

Old 06-22-2007 | 11:12 AM
pauletich
Road Master

Very normal, I also had the same problem with finding neutral, I found out that the primary was over filled. When I changed my fluids I put the correct amount in and did not have the problem anymore.

Old 07-06-2007 | 06:55 AM
dynaguy
Cruiser

One word Redline shockproof.will make trans quiter and easy shifting

Old 07-06-2007 | 07:08 AM
sws1
Cruiser

I find it hard to find neutral when bike is cold. After a few miles, it's easy to find it, both from first, and from second.

Old 07-06-2007 | 08:08 AM
SCREAMING EAGLE
Banned

ORIGINAL: danielharley

Hello my harley friends....!

I have a questions for you, maybe it is a stupid questions... but It is my first harley... this is the questions..

1) Each time that I shift speeds I hear a sound "CLACK" it doesn't care if is upshift or down shift but it is a sound "CLACK" ... this is my first Harley a 2007 Super Glide Custom with foward controls.... It is like a a loud ponding sound... before the Harley I had a 95 Honda shadow... and the shadow did that exact sound... but I thought that sound was only with Japanese and old motorcycles ... but I don't know if it is normal in all the motrocycles... if you want I could record that sound with the motorcycle turn off....

1) Is it too difficult to shift to NEUTRAL speed?.... it is the same situation on the question 1.... with the shadow was... I don't know if it is normal... maybe there are any tips or trick in that situation....

Please if it is too obvious question .... please sorry.. for that and sorry everybody for my english... I'm studding to improve it....

thanks

Daniel.

AFTER OWNING 6 HARLEY'S THIS " LOUD CLUNKING SOUND " IS NORMAL OF A HARLEY SHIFTING INTO IT'S GEAR , I LIKE WHEN I HEAR THAT CLUNK YOU KNOW IT WHEN INTO IT GEAR , AS FAR AS THE NEUTRAL PROBLEM , IT IS NORMAL ON A HARLEY , THAT WILL BE ANOTHER THING TO GET USED TO !!

Old 07-06-2007 | 11:05 AM
matkiwi
Road Master

neutral gets easier ... not sure if it is worn in now or i'm used to it ... Harleys 'clunk' by design

Old 07-06-2007 | 12:50 PM
hAkron
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: dynaguy

One word Redline shockproof.will make trans quiter and easy shifting
Redline shockproof is two words, but good advice. Do you use this in place of the primary oil?

Old 07-06-2007 | 10:31 PM
SWOOP_IN
Cruiser

06 FXDWG perfectly normal , soon you wont even hear it

Old 07-07-2007 | 01:48 AM
fj4069
Road Warrior

the good old (new)harley shift clunk. before i had a pipe on my junk thats the only way my friends still new i was riding around them. its not a loud transmission, its a saftey feature designed into the bike so the cagers know your around. as far as what speed to shift at i just shift when it starts to bounce off the rev limiter.

Quick Reply: Shifting Speeds Questions....!