Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sundowner or daytripper

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 02:58 PM
bikerdog134
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sundowner or daytripper

looking for new seat for my 05 dynaglide.butt sore with stock. need opions on HD sundowner or mustang daytripper. opions please . also need to know thicknes of rear passenger seat .thanks

Old 06-21-2007, 03:50 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: sundowner or daytripper

Sundowner. I had other seats.none are good for me at all ....

Old 06-21-2007, 03:51 PM
05 Wd Gld
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That would depend on who are you trying to make happy. If you are concerned or getting complaints from the passenger you need to first determine: Wife complaining? Get Sundowner. Girlfriend complaining? Get new girlfriend or Daytripper.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My passengers like the Sundowner. the driver section is very comfy. I don't like the size of the passenger pillon, but it serves a purpose. It is usually covered by my saddle roll anyway.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:09 PM
1SS1
Stage III

I just received a Daytripper for my -07. I did really like the Sundowner (had one on my '01 Superglide) but I agree, the passenger pillon was a little large, and I wanted a seat that flowed more with the curves of the bike. The Daytripper looks really good, well crafted, and less than 2" thin. Ill mount it on Saturday and post with some follow-up pics and thoughts.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:42 PM
SWOOP_IN
Cruiser

I put a sundowner on for my wife with the intentions of changing it out when I ride alone, after riding with the sundowner I was so comfortable that I still have it on. Yea the passenger pillon looks a little big but wow the comfort is what its all about.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Trout
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: bikerdog134

...need opions on HD sundowner or mustang daytripper. opions please . also need to know thicknes of rear passenger seat .thanks
Dude... apples and oranges. Are you mostly after comfort or style?

I have a Daytripper on my 2005. The Daytripper is sleek, the Sundowner is comfortable. Some will argue that the Daytripper is comfortable, but they are really each in a different category of seats. Some will argue that the Sundowner looks great, but those... well, nevermind.

The rear passenger seat on a Daytripper for a 2005 Dyna is exactly 3" thick in the center section. That does not mean that the padding is 3" thick. It's 3" overall... seat pan, padding, cover, etc.

If you choose the Daytripper, mine is for a 2004-2005 and I'll make you a great deal on it.

The seat looks awesome, but I decided I want a great big badonkadonk butt seat with a backrest.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:17 AM
ctsbob
Tourer

Here is another vote for the Sundowner. It is thick and real comfortable on a long ride and the wife insists on this! Sure it is kinda goofy looking, but this is one of those questions-style or comfort. As for style, I already own the Street Bob !! I do swap back and forth with a stock solo seat...but the sundowner makes the miles smooth and momma happy!

Old 06-22-2007, 06:05 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

to bad they don`t make a happy medium, i put on a sundowner on my wideglide and took it right off, diden`t even get on it it just looked like a couch sitting on my bike i spent alot of money fixin it up to look good, that seat looked like a big pimple ,

Old 06-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

I like my Sundowner for the comfort. I agree its a bit large, but I was looking for comfort for my butt and my wife. Most of the time I cover the passenger seat with stuff. Its your call, if you can, take a look at them in person and sit on them. Only you know what will feel right for you.

Quick Reply: sundowner or daytripper