Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Dyna SuperGlide - Engine trouble-UPDATED Scroll DOWN

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 03:32 AM
pedrodiver
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Dyna SuperGlide - Engine trouble-UPDATED Scroll DOWN

Bought in October 2005. Been to the dealer 3 times thus far, 2 recalls and a broken throttle cable. Current miles on the bike 4100. Post the repaired throttle cable about 3 weeks ago....

All of a sudden while cruising, the bike feels like it's running out of gas with intermittent
"missing" and noticeable power loss as I throttle up thru the gears. It seems to be worse while riding in the afternoon heat. Four hrs later riding home at nite, seems to ride fine. Originally thought bad gas, but I've filled up twice now and the problem is still there. I've been riding for a week now with this problem. Dealer says if they road test and it rides fine then there is nothing they can do. Do I keep riding til it stops? I know nothing about fuel injection, but I swear it's like fuel is not injecting smoothly or continuously as evidenced by the losses of power like its going to die, then all of a sudden jerking forward. At higher speeds (70+) it's not so noticeable. Any ideas? Suggestions? Comments?

Thanks in Advance

Seann

Old 06-21-2007, 03:43 AM
cheata_22
1st Gear
Default RE: 06 Dyna SuperGlide - Engine trouble

This may sound stupid, but check your ground cable on your battery. This happened to me and sounds like the same problem you are having. If the ground cable is lose, it will make your scoot feel like it is missing and going to die then it grounds again and runs fine. Hope this helps.

Cheata

Old 06-21-2007, 03:46 AM
pedrodiver
6th Gear

Thanks! Will do!

Seann

Old 06-21-2007, 07:53 AM
jbe
Road Captain

I had a loose ground too. Bike did all kinds of strange things. Tightened it up all problems cleared up.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:46 AM
forkliftfixr
Advanced

If you dont find a loose ground, check all of the connectors under the seat..... There is a throttle control connection under there (not sure which wires it is though) and during prep some of the dealers forget to tie the loom off correctly. The vibration will cause an intemitent problem. My buddy just had that EXACT same problem on his 07 on a trip from Michigan to Washington and the dealership in Washington knew exactly what the problem was, he said the service guy came right out in the parking lot and fixed it for him.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:10 AM
wlbowers
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 98 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: pedrodiver

Bought in October 2005. Been to the dealer 3 times thus far, 2 recalls and a broken throttle cable. Current miles on the bike 4100. Post the repaired throttle cable about 3 weeks ago....

All of a sudden while cruising, the bike feels like it's running out of gas with intermittent
"missing" and noticeable power loss as I throttle up thru the gears. It seems to be worse while riding in the afternoon heat. Four hrs later riding home at nite, seems to ride fine. Originally thought bad gas, but I've filled up twice now and the problem is still there. I've been riding for a week now with this problem. Dealer says if they road test and it rides fine then there is nothing they can do. Do I keep riding til it stops? I know nothing about fuel injection, but I swear it's like fuel is not injecting smoothly or continuously as evidenced by the losses of power like its going to die, then all of a sudden jerking forward. At higher speeds (70+) it's not so noticeable. Any ideas? Suggestions? Comments?

Thanks in Advance

Seann

My Low Rider started to do that. They had to replace some pins on the injector connectors. I swear after they fixed them the vibration around 2500 was not as bad. I can actually cruise there.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:53 AM
ctsbob
Tourer

Have you checked for a diagnostic code to see if this is something sensor related? I had similiar and speedo sensor and TPS (throttle posistion sensor) amongst other things...do a search for codes and how to access them..that has helped me with troubles

Old 06-23-2007, 03:04 AM
pedrodiver
6th Gear

Ok, I took off the seat, checked all the connections and the battery ground. All seemed tight and secure. I also checked the fuses and all seem fine. Now I'll try the codes.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll keep tryin and post what happens.

Seann

Old 07-30-2007, 05:33 PM
pedrodiver
6th Gear
Default RE: 06 Dyna SuperGlide - Engine trouble (Updated)

Ok, I finally broke down and took her in. Bike was really riding poorly. It never actually broke down but man it rode like sh*t. After being at the dealer a week I call and ask "any news?" To which the Service rep says...well, during the roadtest the technician noticed poor performance. Long story short - (well kinda) Servcies rep said Harley was having problems with the injectors for this bike and it currently had 8 Degree injectors but NOW the technician replaced the Injectors to 25 degree Injectors....road tested agaain....better but still sucks. Also, they've noticied no voltage from the "crank sensor" and its on order will have tomorrow. 4 times I've had to bring take this bike in....2 recalls and a broken throttle cable (only 3000 miles on the bike when it broke) I purchased the Bike Oct of 05. Coming up on having it two years....total milege 4450. I've already paid it off. Shaking my head in disbelief.....

Seann

Old 07-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Frank Castle
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts
Default RE: 06 Dyna SuperGlide - Engine trouble (Updated)

What a pain the F'n a$$...[:@] Hopefully... (thats big I know) this (what the dealer is doing) will fix your problem. I know the early 06 FXDs' (those built in 05) had a recall or some such $hit on a battery hold down bolt of some sort... but it sounds like you have looked into that.. good luck man.

Quick Reply: 06 Dyna SuperGlide - Engine trouble-UPDATED Scroll DOWN